Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WIYBCTR DAY 6 - The Blessing of Coming As We Are

How long, O Lord! Will You forge me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; Enlighten my eyes or I will sleep the sleep of death. and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has deal bountifully with me. - Psalm 13 NASB

Psalm 13 has become one of my favorite passages. As I reflect on the words of David, I am reminded of one unique blessing: A holy and perfect God invies us to come as we are. King David was very hones before he Lord wih his feelings, "How long O Lord? Will You forget me forever?"

When i am honest with myself, I caan relate to David's sentiments. So ofen I feel forgotten by God. Was His head turned when my husband's brain tumor slipped into our lives? How could He have let this happen?

The good news is this: While we may not undersand the ways of the Lord, He bids us to come to Him with our frustrations and doubts. When we feel that He ha deserted us, we can tell Him. When life seems to hard, He longs for us to bring Him our burdens.

In he midst of David's brual honesty, he doesn't end with the things he feels. David ends by sating what he knows. David knows that we cannot allow or emotions to reign over our lives. And, he knows that we must be grounded by the truth of God.

David concludes Psalm 13 by proclaiming, "But I have trusted in Your loving kindness." With this statement, David chooses to put his full weigh on the sturdy foundation of God's love. Though he may feel deserted, David chooses to trust that God still has a plan and is sill reigning over the chaos.

Lastly, David chooses to sing. Will we choose to sing today, or will we merely bring our complaints to God? May God birth in our hears a song to carry us through the day, for He has truly dealt bountifully with us!

God loves us the way we are, but He loves us too much to leave us that way. - Leighton Ford

Despite our imperfections, God invies us to come as we are. And, despie our lack of faith, God's love for us never waivers. His faithfulness endures forever.


(Disclaimer: I took this from the book "What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops" by Laura Story. I make no claim to the above as my own work.)


This is an area where I fully understand where David was coming from. I often question "How long God..." Did you forget about me? I'm still here. I often wonder why God chooses to allow us to go through times where we feel like He's forsaken me. It is in those times we often notice the blessings of others. Satan tries to tell us that there is something wrong with us or that God doesn't love us anymore. That couldn't be further from the truth though! God loves you. He will love the mess out of you until you become everything He longs for you to be. The key is that we must trust Him, even when it seems as though He has forsaken us.


This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24


Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment