Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello Fear

Hello Fear by Kirk Franklin

Hello Fear
Before you sit down there's something I need to explain
Since you're here
I think I should tell you since we last talked things have changed
See I'm tired of being broken-hearted
So I made a list and you're on it
All my hopes and my dreams You took from me
I want those back before you leave

Hello Fear
I knew I would see you, You have a hard time letting go
See these tears,Take a good look cuz, soon they wont fall anymore
God's healing my hurful places
That seat that was yours now is taken
I'm no longer afraid,See I'm better this way
And one more thing before you leave

(Chorus)
Never again will I love you
My heart it refuses to be your home
No longer your prisoner
Today I remember
Apart from you is where I belong

And never again will I trust you
I'm tired of fighting it's been way too long
No longer your prisoner
Today I remember
Who I was and now it's gone
They're gone
Hello Fear
Da da da da da, da da da da da

Farewell Goodbye So long (3X)

Hello Grace
It feels like forever, I thought my chance with you was gone
See your face, it reminds me of mercy
And please let me say I was wrong
Never knew your touch was endless
How you never run dry of forgiveness
Didn't know how bad it was, was afraid just because
Sorry fear, grace took your place

CHORUS

Farewell Goodbye So long (8X)

Hello Fear
Before you sit down there's something I need to explain




This song has become one of my favorite work out songs. I am working my way to no more fear, but I'm not there yet. Today, I want to talk to you about some of my fears. In all honesty, fear is a lot of what kept me from becoming healthy before now.

THE FEAR OF BEING A NEW PERSON. Being the fat kid has always been who I am. Just like I am a wife and mama, I have allowed it to define me. People judge me based on the fact that I am overweight. I see the stares, hear the snide little comments, etc. What happens when I'm no longer the "fat kid" anymore? Believe it or not, I'm a very shy person. It's been easy to hide behind behind this mask. What happens when it's gone. What if they still don't like me? I would like to say that it won't matter, but as the song says "Everybody, everybody wants to be loved."

THE FEAR OF LOOKING DIFFERENT. I am a VERY large woman. My stretch marks could probably stretch for miles if they were were laid against one another. I know that I am not going to look like a super model when I'm done losing weight. I fear what I will look like in the mirror. I will have all of these nasty rolls skin. I won't be outwardly beautiful when I lose weight. I know this is nothing surgery can't fix, but still, there will be a time when I look in the mirror and will have a hard time seeing the woman who worked her behind off (literally) and still looks very unattractive. I am a very small chested woman. What if I lose what little I have there too?

THE FEAR OF DYING. What if I am too far gone? What if I lose all of this weight, get healthy and still have complications that will never be able to be reversed? What if I still die young and leave my children without a mama? I would like to say that I'm finally in the mindset that I am doing this for me, but in reality I'm still doing it for my kids so that I don't leave them as early as Mama did me.

THE FEAR OF FAILURE. What if this time ends up being just like the rest? What if I don't stick with it? What I give up? What if it is just like all the other times before? (For those reading, please don't worry..I'm not giving up. Turning back isn't an option for me, but these are the thoughts that plague my mind.)

THE FEAR OF SUCCEEDING So what if I don't fail? What if I don't die young? What if I am physically beautiful? I am committed to my husband and can't entertain the idea of ever cheating on him. Still, I know that this is an area Satan will use to attack me. Our marriage hasn't been the strongest. We have our share of problems, but we are working on them.

I am working really hard to face my fears, but each day has its own struggles. The only way I can face the challenges that lie ahead of me is with God's strength and grace. I know how vain I have sounded in this blog. I'm really not. My worst fear is becoming someone that I don't even like. Anyone who would say that the person I am on the inside won't change is very niave. I pray that every change I make, inside and out, is for the better. If it doesn't draw me closer to Christ then I am moving in the wrong direction.

God, please give me strength to face my fears and to become all that you want me to be. Help my openness reach someone who may be struggling as well. Use me, God. In Jesus Name, Amen.

This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24

Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment