Thursday, March 29, 2012

March - A Month In Review and a Contest Winner

My goals for Month 3 were as follows:

DIET CHALLENGES

1. (MET) I will have BBQ Chicken once a week.
2. (MET) I will go to Marble Slab this month.3. (MET) I will drink more water.
4. (MET) I will try at least one new diet friendly recipe this month.
5. (MET) I will work on decreasing my sodium intake.

FITNESS CHALLENGES
1. (MET) I will work out 2520 minutes this month.
2. (MET) I will burn 14,000 calories this month.
3. (MET) I will go to the gym at least 21 days this month.
4. I will do daily body tests on Wii Fit.
5. I will do an 1 hour of exercise on WiiFit for 28 days.


SPIRITUAL / EMOTIONAL CHALLENGES
1. I will read through the books of Genesis and Exodus this month.
2. I will complete "What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops" Devotional by Laura Story.
3. I will pray more.
4. (MET) I will take one day/night each week for me to regroup and relax.
5. I will blog daily.


While I didn't meet all of my challenge goals, I did very well I think. I met the two main fitness goals I had set for myself. I am getting my diet under control pretty well. My fitness life is improving very much. My emotional/spiritual life still needs lots of work so I will focus more on that this month. I am very proud of the progress I have made thus far. I have lost 58 lbs so far. That is as much as two of my children weigh! I am learning to take the trials as they come. The most important thing I am learning is when we fall down, we must shake the dust off our feet and carry on. That is easy to talk about but much harder to live out. I am a work in progress. Not where I want to be, but I am not where I was. I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for. I will rejoice and be glad!


Last but not least, our contest winner. I told you I would give away a Subway gift card to one lucky winner if I met my calorie/fitness minute goal. I did that. The winner of the contest is Melissa Brown. You have 24 hours to contact me with the address you want your gift card sent to. Thank you so much for everyone for your strength and encouragement this month. It means more than you could possibly know.


And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Galatians 6:9


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment