Monday, March 19, 2012

Unexpected Interruptions

This weekend didn't go exactly as I had planned. As I was getting ready to leave for the gym yesterday, Cindy called me to ask if I had spoken to Kathy. Apparently, she had called Cindy several times but Cindy couldn't answer. Now, Kathy wasn't answering her phone. I ended up calling the store Kathy works at and the lady told me she'd left because of an emergency with our brother. Now, I'm freaking out. Ok, I'm not going to the gym. I rush to the van to leave. At this time I got a hold of Cindy who tells me it's our youngest brother Paul. Since I knew he was already at the hospital I had John bring me my gym bag just in case.

I rushed to the hospital with a knot in my stomach. This is the hospital they took Mama too when they pronounced her. This is the hospital that I avoid at all cost. This is the hospital that I have been to only 2 times in the last 4 years because I verge on a panic attack when I pull into the parking lot, let alone go in. The ONLY good thing about this hospital is that it is also the one Jewel-Anne was born at.

Paul had called Kathy because he was dizzy and having chest pain. When he arrived at the hospital his blood pressure and pulse were very high. They had already done an EKG that was normal. They did a chest X-ray and some blood work that were all normal. They were going to keep him and do a stress test this morning, but at the last minute the doctor decided it wasn't necessary. Apparently, he was just dehydrated.

By the time we got out it was 8 so I decided to skip the gym. I hated to because I hadn't missed a day in almost two weeks. Still, my babies needed me home so that is where I went. Today it is back to the normal routine. Back to the gym, back to The Beast, back to working off these pounds.


This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24


Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment