Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Week That Went Nuts

I apologize for missing a couple blogging days.  My week has been CRAZY.  I should've known my week would be anything but perfect when I woke up to my children fighting they were opposing military teams fighting in WWIII.  John gave baths on Saturday night so we would have the extra time the next morning.  We still left the house 20 minutes late.


Each week we only last about 30 minutes into service before the kids get restless and we have to leave.   We decided long before we were married that we wanted to "family church" meaning that we keep our children in church with us instead of sending them to the nursery/children's church.  Landon attended a few times, but when he graduated from the toddler class he came into service with us.  All of that to say that we were in for a treat this morning while in service.  Daddy ended up with Liana and Isaiah while I took Jewel-Anne.  Now I will say that the babies are the reason we usually leave.  That wouldn't be the case today.  As soon as praise and worship started, Daddy (holding Isaiah), Mommy (holding Jewel-Anne), Liana and Sam stand up.  Two  minutes later I noticed Sam jerking around.  My eyes looked down and seen Landon laying in the seat with his feet in the air kicking the life out of Sam's bottom.  We dealt with that.  The people behind us start "whispering" about children's church.  Right about that time Jewel-Anne started making noise so we left. As we walked out I told Landon that I was very disappointed in his behavior.  You would be amazed at the looks I got from the people standing in the foyer.  Of all people, I know what it is like to have self esteem issues.  I do my best to never verbally attack my children but their negative behavior.  "Landon, you know how to behave in church. I am very disappointed in your behavior.  You know better than that.  Next week needs to be better."  Meanwhile I am getting stared at because I am scolding my child.  Let me get this straight.  We send children to "children's church" because they won't behave in church.  I have made the decision to parent from the pew.  I don't allow them to be disruptive during service.  I will take them out the minute they start misbehaving. Yet, that makes me a bad parent?  I am very real with my children and address problems in a real manner.  On the flip side of this, I also get stares when I tell my kids how blessed I am that God chose me to be their Mama.


We went to lunch which continued to be a disaster.  We arrive at 11.  The kids ate.  I wanted mashed potatoes and fish.  It took them forever to start setting out lunch.  The cooks took a huge attitude with John when 45 minutes rolled around and my fish still wasn't ready. Grilled fish...cooked to order...that they refused to make.  The boys weren't eating.  One of them had a fit.  I hate this teenage attitude that comes out of this child.  He is many years from teenage years, but this attitude still won't be acceptable then.  Another child is teasing his siblings. John and I tag team to make plates.  When all of a sudden Isaiah lets this window-breaking screetch that he's started doing.  We leave, even though I still haven't eaten.  As we walk out, I was talking to Mr. Teenage Attitude about his behavior when I see this elderly couple giving me the evil eye for doing so.


When people wonder why today's youth act like disrespectful little snots, this is the reason.  When we wonder where "we" went wrong because America is filled with a series of school shootings, drive bys, etc.  I thought the problem started with my parents generation when they rebelled against their parents.  I am starting to think that I may be wrong.  I think the grandparent generation has forgotten what it takes to raise a generation of respectful people.


The babies were starting to yawn so I told John I was going to Chili's to get my lunch since I didn't get to eat.  The babies napped, the boys thought about their behavior and John read while I had lunch.  I enjoyed chicken and steamed broccoli.  It was delicious.  It was quiet.  It was just what I needed to be able to regroup.


Later that evening I was able to go to the gym and finish working off the negativity of the day.  I used to dread going to the gym.  I remember when I first started going to the gym if I was angry then working out made it worse.  Now, I can crank up my music and get lost in God while I do my thing.  By the time I am done, I feel so much better. This day was no exception.

The next day was Mama's birthday.  I had already written my post for her birthday and scheduled it to post.  That morning we got up and sang Happy Birthday to Grammie.  John made breakfast for the kids so I could have some time to myself.  I had decided weeks ago that I would NOT allow this day to break me as it had in years past.  I would focus on her life and the time I was blessed with her.  As we were leaving the kids picked flowers out of our yard that have bloomed every year since we lived here.  They are beautiful.  We often pick them to take to the graveyard.  Sam, Landon and Liana picked them and we left.  We had lunch, went to get her cupcakes and headed to the graveyard. On the way there Sam started sneezing.  When we arrived I noticed his face was red and puffy.  I told him his allergies (hay fever) were acting up and we would get him some benedryl when we left.  By the time he came back to the van he was starting to get more swollen so we headed to the nearest hospital.  By the time we got there I thought that I would stop and get some benedryl and just watch him for a few minutes.  As I turned into the store's parking lot I asked him how he was feeling and he told me his throat felt funny.  I flipped the car around and went back to the ER.  In matter of 15 minutes he went from sneezing and slightly red to breaking out in huge hives when we got to the ER.  They started an IV and gave him some benedryl and a steriod.  He got a popsicle and then he took a nap.  It took them 15 minutes to treat him and 4 hours to release him! INSANE!  Needless to say I didn't make it to the gym that night. ;-)


And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Galatians 6:9

 
Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment