Sunday, March 4, 2012

WIYBCTR DAY 4 - What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops

God blesses the people wh patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. - James 1:12 NLT

Have you ever experienced a bitter disappointment - or even a personal tragedy - that later turned out to be a blessing? Have you ever experienced a temporary loss that, in time, was transformed into a permanent gain? And do you believe that God has the power to use all of your experiences - the good, the bad, and the in-between - for His purposes? If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, then you know that blessings can, and often do, come through raindrops.

In times of hardship and pain, we may feel abandoned by our friends, by our families, and by our Creator. But if we believe that God has left us, even for a moment, we are mistaken. God never abandons us, not even when the raindrops are falling in buckets. Through every storm of life He is ever-present, offering us His grace, His love, and His mercies.

When Jesus went to the Mount of Olives, He prayed "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done" (Luke 22:42). Jesus knew the pain that He was destined to endure, but He also knew that God's will must be done.

From time to time all of us must endure days filled with suffering and heartache. And, as human beings with limited understanding, we can never fully understand God's reasons for allowing the raindrops to fall. But, even when we cannot understand why things happen as they do, we should always trust the One who is intent upon blessing us throughout all eternity.

Can you trust God in times of happiness and in times of hardships? Can you trust Him today?

When raindrops begin to fall and hope begins to fade, we can be sure that God's love remains. And, we can be sure that His blessings do, at times, come through raindrops.

(Disclaimer: I took this from the book "What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops" by Laura Story. I make no claim to the above as my own work.)


The last few years of my life have been filled with heart-breaking loss. My children, my Mama, my aunt, dear friends who have went seperate ways. There are days when I wonder how I am still standing. That answer is easy. God, and His love for me, is the only reason I able to withstand all that life throws at me. He will never fail me and will always be there for me. He longs to comfort you during your sorrowful times if you will allow Him.


This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24


Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment