Monday, March 5, 2012

WIYBCTR DAY 5 - When Faith Disappears

When Faith Disappears

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" - Mark 9:24 NKJV

Have you ever become so discouraged by life's hardships that you felt your faith in God slipping away? If so, you are not alone. Every life - including yours - is a series of celebrations and disappointments, joys and sorrows, successes and failures, hopes and doubts. Even the most faithful men and women may be overcome by bouts of fear and doubt, and so, perhaps, will you.

Doubts come in several flavors: doubts about God, doubts about the future, and doubts about your own abilities, for starters. So what does the Bible say about your response to these kinds of doubts? The Bible makes it clear that no problems in this world are too big for God, not even the problems that result from the emotional burdens of fear and doubt.

The instructions of Psalm 55:22 are clear: "Cast your burdens on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved" (NKJV). Will you cast your burdens on the Lord? Will you take your doubts to Him? Your fears? Your sorrows? Your setbacks and regrets? Will you take these things to Him - and leave them there - today?

Some things in life are uncertain: health may vanish; wealth may disappear; success may be fleeeting, and the victories we hold most dear, in time, be transformed into bitter defeats. But in a world of uncertainties, one thing is certain: God loves us. And that one fact can make all the difference.

When doubts creep in, as they will from time to time, remember that God isnt just near, He's here... and He's ready to talk to you right now.

(Disclaimer: I took this from the book "What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops" by Laura Story. I make no claim to the above as my own work.)

This is an area where it is extremely hard for me to come to terms with my Christian walk. It is hard to admit when my faith is lacking. I feel like I shouldn't lose hope or feel like my faith is slipping. The enemy steps in with that age old "If you were a real Christian..." Another of his favorites for me is "God is disappointed in you because you have doubts." All of these I know to be untrue. God loves me. Because I am His creation I know that He knows my heart. He cries when I am in pain because it hurts Him too.

This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalm 118:24


Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment