Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Week That Went Nuts - Part 2

When I left the ER I told my kids that Mama was done with ER visits for the year.  Apparently, my children weren't listening.  Tuesday morning John pulled a double at work. Everything was going along fine until about 2 that afternoon.  Landon decided it would be a grand idea to pounce on his little brother.  He comes running up the hallway and as he tried to land on Isaiah he made contact with the corner of the entertainment center.  He started screaming.  My childless friends and family often ask me how I can deal with all of the noise my children make.  I tell them that I have learned to detect the noises that matter.  There's the every day playful noises, the Mom-s/he-took-my-toy screams, the I-just-got-in-trouble-or-didn't-get-my-way screams, I can tune those out when it gets to be too much.  Then there are the "action noises" - the newborn baby cries that say feed me, the cries of a child who just got his feelings hurt, the I'm-so-proud-of-myself squeals.  Then there are those screams of death that will make a parents heart stop beating when they hear it.  This was what I heard come out of Landon. As I jump up to help him, thinking he just got a bump.  Sam gets to him before I did and is checking him out.  Then he turns around and I see blood EVERYWHERE.  I grab him and Sam runs back in the room with a towel. After wiping the blood away I seen his cut.  Yep, you guessed it! Back to the ER for me! 


I had plans to go see Monumental that night so we  all load up in hopes that I will still make it.  We get to the ER and get registered and wait.  Daddy let Landon borrow his gameboy so he would be distracted when they stitched him up.  He sat there and let them do everything they needed to without too much complaint.  He told the nurse that she had the wrong birthday for him because "If I tell you that is my birthday you will give me stitches and I don't want stitches."  He told the doctor he only had 3 siblings.  When I told him he had 4 and said everyone's name he said "Wait a minute mom!  So what you're telling me is that Sam is my sibling too?  Really MOM?  You've got to be kidding me!"  Then the doctor came in and begin to stitch him up after applying some awesome numbing gel.  The last time he had something like this happened he had to get staples and that was almost 4 years ago.  He needed lots of people to hold him down.  He sat there he whole time she stitched him up.  When she started he looked at her and said...


Landon: Um, excuse me Ma'am! I told you I didn't want stitches.

Dr.: I'm just fixing your boo-boo.

L: Ma'am, I see you!

Dr.: No, wait until I'm done and then you can see.

L: Yes ma'am, I can see what you're doing and I see that you diliberately disobeyed me when I told you not to give me stitches!  That was NOT very nice of you.  You're going to need to ask Jesus to forgive you for lying.


We were all doing our best not to laugh at him, but it is hard sometimes.  We finished up.  Everyone had to admire Landon's battle scar when we got out.  Everyone tried to talk him out of his stickers also.


I stopped and got the kids dinner before heading to the  movie.  Daddy took everyone to play while I was in there. Monumental is a must see movie, BTW.  We got home just in time to put everyone to bed before John headed to work for the night.  I said a silent prayer that God would allow me a peaceful day and that I wouldn't end up in the ER for a 3rd time in as many days. Thankfully, he answered my prayers and, other than a slight headache I had, we had a very uneventful day.



And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Galatians 6:9

 
Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment