Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Love of a Parent

I have learned so much about God's love for me because of my kids. They are such a blessing to me. God uses my relationship with them to teach me many things about my relationship with HIM. Each child is unique and my relationship with each one is equally special. I love them all the same, but the relationship with each one is so different.


I have that one child that has hit a phase and just tries to test my patience at EVERY turn. No matter what I do it's never enough for him. He always has some sort of complaint. Nothing is ever right enough for him to have a total good day. We can be fine one minute then he gets in trouble for something and I get outbursts of "You don't love me! You've never loved me. I wish I didn't live here!" I know parents everywhere hear those comments, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

I left my house yesterday in tears after one of his outbursts all because because he got put in time out. My heart was so hurt by the things that came out of his mouth. My heart was so broken that I cried for over 20 minutes. Only a child could have the power to hurt a parent that way. How many times have I done that to my Daddy? How many times have my words and actions left Him hurting? God help me please, I am so sorry for the times I have left You heart-broken.

When I left he calmed down and had a pretty good day afterwards. I stopped at the store and picked up ice cream for the fact that he had behaved the rest of the day. We had a talk about the power of our words and how it's not ok to use our words to hurt people. All the while I prayed that this time that discussion wouldn't fall on deaf ears. He apologized, though so that is a start.

No matter what this child does, my love for him will never change. I love him fiercely. I pray God will show me how to reach his little heart. I feel so helpless sometimes, but it is in those times that I can go to my Daddy and He will teach me. He will be the strength I need. He knows exactly how to minister to my son's heart. He will lead and guide me to help this child through whatever is going on.

I rejoice, though, because it makes me appreciate the good times so much more. It draws me closer to God because I need His strength to make it through the day. I am glad I have the opportunity to prove my love over and over again to my son. God made this day so I will rejoice and be glad!

God, I am so sorry for all the times I have hurt You. I am so sorry for all the times that I have left You in tears by my actions. Please give me the strength to minister to my children and give them what they need. Guide me because You know what is best for them! Amen


This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

Fitness Minutes - 18 /2520
Calories Burned - 143 /14,000

1 comment: