Thursday, March 22, 2012

Three Months, Three Miles

So today, I think I slayed The Beast! Ok, not really, but it was crying when I left it to nurse it's wounds. ;-) Yes that is right! It took me 3 months, but I not only got on The Beast, but I did 3.25 miles in an hour. I never thought I would be doing things like this.


Can I just say that I like the scales at the gym much better than the ones at the clinic? Of course I am only tracking the clinic results, but the gym scales weighed me in at 295 today. Two different times. Yes I was the crazy fat lady who couldn't believe what the scales said so I kept getting back on it just to make sure I was seeing the right numbers!!!


After having lunch and going to the gym, I was blessed with an evening at the movies to see Ken Davis' film "Fully Alive." Mr. Davis and The Jeub Family blessed me with tickets to see this video. I was very impressed. It is totally right up the alley of my life now. While there were moments in the film that made me cry, a lot of it was about his struggle with deciding to live. He became very overweight and he talks a lot about his journey back to living. I highly recommend this movie to everyone.

All in all it's been a great day. I am so thankful that this day of sorrow turned into one of great blessings for me.

Thank You God for giving me the blessing of my Aunt Flossie. Thank You for her life and her love. Thank You for her willingness to pour into my heart. Thank You for being kind and loving toward her at a time when I was certain that You were sending me into Job's house by allowing me to lose so many people I loved (and some not so much) in such a short amount of time. Thank You for giving me the gift of joy on a day filled with such sadness. Let my life be a blessing to You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment