Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy New Year everyone! At this time of year I always wake up sick from stuffing myself full of junk all night long. I knew this year would be different so I was able to plan a bit more. We had planned to spend New Year's Eve with the big boys playing Wii and board games.

Yesterday morning, I woke up with more energy than I knew what to do with.. We still haven't deep cleaned since Christmas so I asked John (my husband) which room he wanted to start with. He chose the living room. He swept, helped the kids pick up toys, and looked me and said "ok. Now where do we go?" I told him I wanted to move the TV and clean back there. He swept. I got up and told him I was going to wash the TV stand and I did. Then I started washing walls. We continued to make a loop around the wall of the living room, leaving the center of the room for last. We got to the end of the first wall and I told him I wanted to move the book shelves. It was at that point he decided I needed to go spend the day with my siblings, my friend Stephanie, or anyone else who would take me. LOL He was less than thrilled with my energy level. We moved the 3rd bookshelf on the second wall and it ended up breaking on us. The whole thing collapsed so we decided we'd do the rest of it tomorrow. That was one of the scariest things that has happened in my life! I immediately turned around and started counting kids to make sure no one was trapped under the shelf. My heart almost stopped.

I made a pot roast and potatoes for everyone to eat for dinner. That definitely isn't the most healthy dinner so I chose to go have my new "usual" cabbage soup and salad at Shoney's. I had fruit and cottage cheese for dessert. I felt full and only spent just under 700 calories for the meal. I still haven't brought myself to eat breakfast. I have never been a breakfast person. I know it would benefit me to do so, though. I'm working on it. I did a HUGE no no, though. Lunch time came and went. I was so busy cleaning that I forgot to eat anything at all. Dinner turned out to be my only meal of the day.

One of the issues I have with feeling so full all the time is that I just don't feel like eating. I've tried to force myself to eat but I usually only eat a couple bites before I feel like I'm going to get sick. My sisters have warned me about "starvation mode." While I want to avoid this I can only do the best I can do. I know eventually the pills will stop working so well. Then I will miss this feeling of not feeling hungry.

I was unsure if the gym was open yesterday. After I called them several times and got no answer I didn't go to the gym. I will go back on Monday and resume my routine.

Today is a day made of hangovers and resolutions. What resolutions did you make this year? Did you make resolutions that you will be able to keep or did you set yourself up for failure? Personally, I don't like resolutions because I never follow through with them. I suggest you take a look at your list and revise it. Rid yourself of the unrealistic expectations. Start small and build up. Make lifestyle changes that will benefit you the rest of your life.

Weight Loss Mama

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I used to make resolutions but I don't anymore. Never ended up following through. If I had to make a resolution it would be to yell at my boys less. I have been working on it anyway but it would be nice to never yell at them at all.

    I too need to lose some more weight. I have been losing since having Douglas, especially since I didn't really gain during my pregnancy...I came out of it 15 pounds lighter :). Breastfeeding is also helping with that I'm sure. As is chasing after 2 active preschoolers and trying to take care of a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't even begin to imagine how proud I am of you, Baby Girl!!! I know you can do it for your babies, your husband but most of all for yourself. You are a beautiful young woman inside and out, and I am so proud to have a sister as wonderful as you. Keep up the good work and know that I will always be here for you no matter the need. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, we all have our moments where we lose our tempers with our kids. For me, I have shared my goals with my kids so they help keep me accountable. "Mom, we really shouldn't be yelling." I try to model the behavior I want them to have so when I slip up I apologize to them. It's all a process. It's not going to happen overnight, but it's amazing when you look back and see how far you've come. Keep with it and you'll be so proud of yourself for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, thank you so much for the encouragement. It really helps to know there are others out there cheering me on. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete