Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Week Celebration

I just realized that today marks one week into this for me. It's time to celebrate! I cannot believe I have made it this far. A week may not sound like much to most, but it is for me. I was talking to a friend this week and was telling them how proud I was that I actually went back to the gym after missing two days. "I don't usually stick with things," I told her. She kind of laughed at me then said "Yes you do!" Then, she started listing the things I had stuck with..my marriage - even in the rough times, my kids - even when I wanted to pull my hair out with the DCS process. This WILL be another thing I will stick with.

The last week of the year is always the hardest for me. Christmas, Mom's angelversary, reliving the week after she died. All of this sends me into a very "blue period." How did I always deal with that? Yes, you guessed it. I ate my way through it. I am thankful to be able to say that I've stuck with it. Even in my "Valley Days" I won't give up.

This week I have done surprisingly well with my diet. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I have made it to the gym almost every day. I have food journaled and been HONEST in it. I think the most surprising part of all is that I look forward to going to the gym. It gives me great joy to watch the numbers rise as I walk and burn calories!!

"It is through the fire my weakness is made strong." I can tell you the only way I have made it this week was through God's grace. If it weren't for Him I would still be stuffing myself into a heart attack. I have learned so much this week. Most of all I have learned that HE makes me stronger than I think I am.

And the week wouldn't be complete without showing appreciation to those who deserve it.

God, you have shown me I can do more than I realize. When I'm weak You've made me strong. You've given me confidence, a sound mind, and an uplifted spirit. May my light shine so that others can see YOU through this journey.

Thank you to my husband, John. You've been there to watch the kids at a moment's notice so I could go to the gym. You've supported me. You have been my ego booster this week.

A huge thank you to my sisters for making this possible, for supporting me when I'm at a low point and being the push when I need it. Kathy and Cindy, I am more grateful than you could possibly know.

Thank you to my friend Stephanie who has quickly became my instant work out buddy. You are such a great friend. You have pushed me when I needed it, supported me and encouraged me. You are never afraid to tell me like it is and set me straight. You are one of those people that aren't afraid to break down my walls. Thank you for sticking with me. (Guys, this sweet lady went to work out with me after getting blisters on her feet the other day. She went with me even though she was in pain because that is the kind of friend she is!)

Thank you to my friend Tricia. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for the beautiful clothes. I needed them.

Thank you to my group. You guys are the best. I love each of you.

And a special thank you to anyone who has found this blog that I didn't know me before. May you be encouraged by my words and my journey. Please come back and share this journey with me. I would love to hear your story too.

If I have missed anyone else please know that it wasn't intentional. I love and appreciate you more than you know!

Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I think it's awesome that you're doing this....everyone needs you, but especially YOU need you right now. You're an inspiration really, and I admire that. Your willpower, your honesty, your faith. I may not know what it's like to be heavy, but I've had my own "journey's" that needed the support of my friends and anyone else that cared. I will support you also, as best I can... I can relate in other ways...
    Peace, love and prayers,
    Cyndee

    ReplyDelete