Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 4 - Positive Attitudes and Mashed Potatoes

Good Monday Morning to you all. I hope today finds you blessed! Today is
Day 4 of my program and I'm feeling really great. I feel refreshed when I wake
up in the morning. That is a totally new feeling. I believe that a positive
attitude is half the battle so I'm trying to stay as positive and uplifting as I
can for myself and others around me. I really am starting to enjoy working out.
I hate sweating, but I reward myself with a long hot shower afterwards and I
like those. My gym has the best water pressure. ;-)

Yesterday, I experienced the weirdest thing. I have been having dinner at
Shoneys each night. I can have a huge salad and a side for very few calories.
Last night I traded my soup for mashed potatoes with a little bit of gravy and
veggies. I was sure the mashed potatoes and gravy would blow up my calories for
the day, but it really didn't. My entire day was just at 800 calories. I was
very impressed. The one things that I really thought was funny is how good it
tasted. Shoney's isn't known for having the best mashed potatoes, but it was
like Heaven in my mouth. I have been really good the past 4 days eating very
little rich foods. Salads have been my main meals. I'm embracing my new life.


I spent over 28 years destroying my body. I didn't treat it like the
temple of God that I am commanded to do. I used and abused it. I ate whatever I
wanted, never exercised, and very emotionally bottled up. If I can do this then
anyone can. I was a huge couch potato. The first day I walked a half a mile.
Everyone probably thinks "well that's not very much" but let me tell you that is
probably more than I would walk in a week normally. I choose not to be that way
anymore. It's no longer an option. I want to live to see my great grandchildren
or even longer. All of the women in grandmother's family died at 74. My aunt
Flossie was the exception. She defied the odds. She was the only one of her
sisters who lived past 74. She lived to the nice age of 92. She was the picture
of health. I want to break the mold and outlive her. Before I was born God knew
the number of my days. I just don't want to do anything that is going to shorten
that!

For those of you out there reading this that are on your own weight loss
journey, please be encouraged. It is a journey that will be lived for the rest
of your life. You have to think of the long term. Starving yourself for a few
weeks won't fix it. Never eating another carb again won't fix it. None of the
fads diets will work because they are unrealistic. You have to be willing to
make healthier choices. Maybe you need to start small and say I'll cut out one
meal of fast food, or soda, or whatever it is that is your guilty pleasure. I
challenge you this week to change the way you look at yourself. Stop counting
your failures and start counting your successes! Be proud of yourself. Instead
of throwing a pity party when you fall, get back up and celebrate how far you've
come and then start walking (literally) again.

Get out there and live life with me,

Weight Loss Mama

(25 more days until weigh in!)

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who
is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were
bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body[a]
and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Lisa! Very proud of how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete