Thursday, January 5, 2012

Facing My Giants

The Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns

Oh what I would do to haveThe kind of faith it takes to climb out of
this boat I'm inOn to the crashing wavesTo step out of my comfort
zoneInto the realm of the unknown where Jesus isAnd He's holding out His
handBut the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at
meReminding me of all the times I've tried before and failedThe waves
they keep on telling meTime and time again, "Boy, You'll never
win!""You'll never win!"But the Voice of Truth tells me a different
storyThe Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"And the Voice of Truth
says, "This is for My glory"Out of all the voices calling out to meI
will choose to listen and believeThe Voice of TruthOh what I would
do to haveThe kind of strength it takes to stand before a giantWith just
a sling and a stoneSurrounded by the sound of a thousand warriorsShaking
in their armorWishing they'd have had the strength to standBut the
giant's calling out my name and he laughs at meReminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failedThe giant keeps on telling meTime and time
again, "Boy, You'll never win!""You'll never win!"But the Voice of
Truth tells me a different storyThe Voice of Truth says, "Do not be
afraid!"And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"Out of all
the voices calling out to meI will choose to listen and believeThe Voice
of TruthBut the stone was just the right sizeTo put the giant on the
groundAnd the waves they don't seem so highFrom on top of them lookin'
downI will soar with the wings of eaglesWhen I stop and listen to the
sound of JesusSinging over meBut the Voice of Truth tells me a
different storyThe Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"And the Voice
of Truth says, "This is for My glory"Out of all the voices calling out to
me(calling out to me)I will choose to listen and believe(I will choose to
listen and believe)I will choose to listen and believeThe Voice of
TruthI will listen and believeI will listen and believeThe
Voice of TruthI will listen and believeCause Jesus you are the Voice
of TruthAnd I will listen to you



This song has become my theme in this season of life. Have you ever seen the movie Facing the Giants? It is about a football team who isn't very good. They end up changing the way they live their lives and surrender to God. They end up making it to the state play offs where they face a team called The Giants. In many ways I feel like the guys in this movie. I feel like the giant
is attacking me. He's certainly reminding me of every time I've failed. He is telling me I can't do this. I won't stick with it. He has attacked my spirit and my body. In a lot of ways I feel like Job. I realize he had it far worse than I though. I knew this wouldn't be easy, but I didn't expect it to be quite so difficult either.

I posted yesterday that I would be buying new shoes. My sisters met me at Kohls to pick them out. I was very surprised and extremely blessed because my sisters Cindy and Cyndee bought my shoes. My sister Kathy bought me an MP3 player also. I am all set for the gym.

After leaving Kohls, I met Stephanie at the gym. My goal last night was to walk 1.75 miles. If you remember on Tuesday I got my first case of blisters on my feet. They weren't too bad. I figured new shoes would make my feet feel better. The blisters had another idea. They decided they would give birth to even bigger blisters on the center of my feet so I couldn't avoid their misery
giving powers. I made it home and had to have John come out and help me make it up the steps. This morning I'm feeling a bit better, but it still hurts to walk. I have the next 9 hours to find relief before I go back to the gym. No pain, no gain I suppose.

I have to admit I have had a rough couple days. The evenings, especially after working out, have been very emotional for me. I spend most of my car ride home in tears. I'm really not sure why I'm so overwhelmed with emotions right now. It seems to only happen after working out though.

Despite everything that has happened the last couple days, I am still very excited about this journey. Each day I'm adding more time to my walk. My goal right now is to get to 2 miles a day. I am really proud of myself. I have never walked this much at one time in my life.

I am learning more and more that I must depend on God and His strength to help me through this. By myself it is impossible. With God nothing is impossible. I am holding on to that promise. This journey He has called me to isn't comfortable. It isn't nice or pleasant at the moment. I am moving into levels I have never been before, but when I see the rewards and benefits from the hard work it will be worth it.

I am so thankful for a Daddy who loves me enough to put me in places that make me uncomfortable. I am in awe that He loves me enough to put me through the fire to refine me so that I may be all He has created me to be. I am also very thankful that He protects me from the attack of my enemy. Does that mean that the enemy won't come? No! It just means that when he does come that my Daddy will give me everything I need to resist him.

I have 20-22 more days until my first weigh in. I refuse to weigh in between visits. Scales are so different. I also don't want to get hung up on numbers. I am looking forward to seeing how much my hard work has paid off. My sisters said I look like I've already lost some. I'm sure they were just trying to boost my self-esteem, though. I have a number in my head that I would like to see on the scale. It will be interesting to see where my actual loss falls in.

I hope that you are having a great week. If you are joining me on this journey I would love to hear from you so that we can encourage one another. Email me or comment here.

Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is
in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at
a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment