Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Month 1 Progress Report

I had my second clinic visit today. Apparently they measured me wrong last time because my waist was still the same. I have lost 11 lbs, though. My blood pressure is coming down and my pulse was better than I expected it to be. This is definitely not where I expected to be 4 weeks ago, but it is progress so I will take it. Hopefully next month will be better, but as long as I'm going in the right direction I'm ok.

Goals I've met this month: I have lost 44 lbs total. I have lost 10% of my original weight. I am so happy about that. Next month I would like to lose at least 15 lbs, but we will see where I go from here.

Emotionally, I had a really hard night. Husband wasn't nearly as supportive today. When I came home Landon was in fine form. At bedtime he proceeded to get mad at me over making him go to bed. He said some really mean things to me. I know he's 5 and didn't mean what he said. Still, it hurts. After a nice cry I sat down and talked to him about what he said. It's not ok to do whatever you want to do without thought of how it will effect those around you. It's not ok to use your words to intentionally hurt someone either.

Overall I guess the day wasn't too bad but health wise I'm not making nearly as much progress as I wanted to. I am beginning to hate Wednesdays because it's the day John pulls doubles and that is just a recipe for a bad day in itself. I love my kids with all my heart, but as an adoptive mom I have issues that I need to overcome. It is all a part of getting to a healthier me. I will get there one day at a time with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment