Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to the Gym for me.

Today has been an awesome day so far! This morning I got up and blogged a
bit. I went to the gym with Stephanie, after taking the weekend off. This is huge for me because when I disrupt a diet/exercise routine I don't go back.

Then we had a great lunch! I had a salad and my beloved potatoes (see previous blog) with some green beans and green bean salad. It was super delicious!! Most of all I enjoyed the company. Thanks Steph!!

Today while at the gym I decided I would beat my last goal. I walked 1.25
MILES in 33 minutes. I used a different treadmill this time and plugged my
weight into it and it said that I burned over 200 calories! Can I just tell you
how good that made me feel?? We made it all the way to the van when we realized I'd left my water bottle in the locker room. I didn't want to walk all the way back in there, but I did it and felt great about it afterwards.

For the first time in years I feel so proud of myself. I have energy, but emotionally things have changed. I am doing things I NEVER thought I would. I had visions of myself dying when I was in my thirties and it taking 12 men to carry my casket. I always felt disgusted with myself. I am coming out of my shell a bit, too. I wouldn't dare try to take all the credit for this. I am so
blessed to have God's help in all of this. Without Him I am nothing. Everything good that I do is because of Him. Praise be to God!! As my daughter Jewel-Anne would say "How lewie!"

This morning on the way to the gym I stopped by a friend's house and picked up some clothes that she had for me. I felt like it was Christmas again. So many clothes....So many clothes that FIT!!! There were a few pieces in my current size, but most of them were a size smaller and they fit! There were 3 things in two bags that didn't fit. That was a HUGE feel good moment for me!!

On a side note, totally unrelated, but my son peed in the potty this afternoon! He isn't even two years yet. My 2.5 year olds aren't even interested in potty training. I am so proud of him. Of course then the girls had to pee so they could get their candy.

Be blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment