Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Power of Positive and Negative Thinking

What a blessed Tuesday morning it is! I hope you woke up this morning and
started counting your blessings. We all have so much to live for, yet we refuse
to recognize it most of the time. For some reason our human-nature makes us want
to count our trials instead of our blessings. If you happen to be one of those
people I challenge you to change your way of thinking. The Lord has given us so
much. He promises to meet all of our needs according to HIS riches in Glory.

Negative thinking has been a huge issue for me for a long time. I got worse
in 2008 when my Mom's health started to decline. She was hospitalized twice that
year for breathing issues. She'd been put on oxygen. Despite all of this I lived
in this little bubble where she'd promised she'd live "forever" and I held on to
that. We woke up December 28th and she seemed fine. We got back from church and
she was gone. My mom was my best friend. She and I had never lived apart. When
my husband and I started dating he ended up moving in with us instead of me
moving out because Mom needed me. Since her death I have tried (only a little
bit) to see the positives. I am grateful she was able to meet my boys. For the
most part I'm just angry. I'm angry for the lifestyle choices she made that put
her in an early grave. I am angry that I didn't get more time with her. While
I'm grateful for the 6 months my oldest boys, Sam and Landon, got with her I am
saddened that I have 3 other children that never got to meet their Grammie this
side of Heaven. I wasn't ready to let her go. Are we ever ready to let go of the
ones we love? No is the answer most of us give IF we are honest. What can I do
about my situation though? I can't bring her back, but I CAN see her again. I
know she's watching us from Heaven. I know she will be a part of each one of my
family members lives forever. I am a Christian and know that I will go to Heaven
when I die. I have the eternal promise that our separation is a temporary
one.

What would my mom wish for me if she could talk to me from Heaven? She
would want to see me live life to it's fullest. I am sure that she would tell me
that she'd want me to learn from her mistakes and choose LIFE for myself and for
my kids. She would want me to be healthy so I wouldn't suffer the way she did. I
want me to be healthy so my kids don't suffer the way my siblings, my kids and
myself are without her. She would want to see me be able to get pregnant again.
She prayed for years for me that I would have children. She would want me to
stop living in the emotional hell that I have created for myself wondering what
I could've done differently that would've been able to keep her here longer.

I am choosing for today to think positively and remember the good times
that we all had with her. I will live my life formed and molded by her teachings
for me and her prayers for my future. I will live my life so that I not only her
my Daddy say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." I will also hear her
tell me she is proud of me once again. THAT is the greatest gift I could give
myself, my kids AND my mama.

We must remember that our battle toward a healthy life style isn't just
controlling our weight (or whatever your issue may be). We have to become
emotionally healthy as well. THAT is what will help us over come the hells we
have created for ourselves here on this earth. I fully believe that the
emotional weighs down our hearts FAR MORE than anything that will ever be
measured on a scale. Emotional health is so important. It is what will determine
your success or failure in everything you do or say. God has promised us a sound mind. That means we don't have to stay trapped by our failures. (2 Timothy 1:7) This day God has set life and death before you. Choose life!



Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is
in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at
a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment