Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Accomplishments

It is Wednesday Morning. I am 15-17 days away from weigh-in. I have been working out for nearly two weeks now. I have finally got to the point where it isn't hurting as bad anymore. I am very curious to see how much weight I've lost. After Stephanie and her husband weighed Sunday, I had to really resist Sunday not to weigh. I stand my ground that I only want to weigh at the clinic, though.

Last night, Stephanie and I went back to the gym. I walked 1.9 miles. That is a far cry from where I was two weeks ago. It didn't hurt as bad as it did in the beginning, either. I could've walked the extra to get to 2 miles but wanted to save that victory for today. The best news is that my heart rate is dropping. After walking a mere .5 mile (in 30 minutes mind you) the first day, my heart rate was nearly 200 bpm. Yesterday, after almost two miles (in 52 minutes), my heart rate was 160 bpm. I know your heart rate needs to accelerate during exercise, but the fact that my heart rate isn't so fast does make me happy.

So where do we go from here? I have just over two weeks to get in all the exercise I can to see my awesome numbers. I have ideas as to where I'd like to be. It will be interesting to see where I am. No mater what the scales say, I am very proud of myself. These last two weeks have been so hard, but so full of accomplishment. If you'd asked me a year ago if I thought I'd be here today...I would've told you absolutely not. I am so thankful to be in this place God has brought me to this place.

The Potter's Wheel isn't comfortable at all. It is the most beautifully painful place I've ever been in. How beautiful the rewards will be! I will grow to know Him more. I will be emotionally, physically, and spiritually fit. How refined I will be when I come through the fire! God never promised this journey would be easy, but He did promised He would be with me every step of the way. How deep the Father's love for us!

I am no longer dreading the gym or this journey. This is a feat in and of itself. I am thankful for a God who loved me enough to mold my heart to be ready for it. I am thankful for family who has made the journey possible. I'm thankful for friends for support. I am thankful to my husband for becoming a gym-widower so he can one day celebrate a 50 (60 or 70th) anniversary with me one day.

Celebrate your accomplishments! Forgive yourself of your short comings. Seek God's help for all things are possible! Encourage yourself when no one else will. You can do this and you will be so glad you did!

Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment