Saturday, June 30, 2012

Six Month Clinic Anniversary

What a difference 6 months makes! I'd been hesitating whether to post a semi-annual update or not, but here I go.  I have lost 38 lbs in the last 6 months.  That may not seem like a lot to some people, but that is huge (no pun intended) for me. My total so far is 72 lbs!! I have went from a 30/32 shirt to a 22/24 shirt.  I have lost inches too. 


More importantly is what I've gained.  I have gained self confidence that I never knew I had.  I have started to love myself a bit more.  I have lost some friendships, but gained new ones.  Life has changed so much and this is only the beginning.  I cannot wait to see what my one year anniversary brings. 


The single most important thing that has happened to me was finding my Dad.  Everything is still so fresh and new with him, but it is wonderful.  I cannot imagine my life without him.  Each conversation brings us closer together.  My heart is healing.  Years of prayers have brought me to the place of my miracle.  If I live a million years it will never be enough time to thank God for giving me a second chance  with my Dad. 


So how about some photos?  



August 2011 - 360 lbs  (Heaviest)




December 2011 - Started Clinic - 326 (down 34 lbs)


June 2012 - 288 (down 72 lbs)






There might be a slight change, huh? ;-)  Here's to the next 72 lbs (and then some!)



Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Lisa. I am so proud of you. I am happy you found your dad too and are establishing a relationship with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Lisa. You look amazing! I'm glad there are so many positive things happening in your life right now. You certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete