Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Birthday Gift Like No Other

I cannot think of a better way to end year 28 than the way I spent my day.  This morning I got up and made my way to get Isaiah's hair cut.  He behaved so well.  He even got a sucker.  The lady that cut his hair did a fantastic job.  Having his hair cut always makes him little like such a big boy, though. *sniff* Afterwards I dropped him off with Daddy.


I made a stop by the clinic to get my shot for the week.  To be very honest, I expected a gain this time.  I hadn't been watching my diet as close as I should have, and I kept having dreams about stepping on the scales and gaining 10 lbs! It terrified me.  I was so surprised when I seen the number I did that I made the nurse come out and look at it.  She's new at the clinic and thought I didn't know how to read the scale.  I had to explain to her that I knew how to read the scale, but I couldn't believe what it said.    288!!! WoW!!! I have officially lost 20% of my original weight.  I can't believe I finally got there. I haven't been this small since before we started fertility treatments.


After I left the clinic, I headed to the gym.  I did 30 minutes on TB, took a hot shower.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that my bleeding had slowed waaaaaaaaaaaay down! My day just kept getting better.


Dad's photo album some how got damaged so I had to run to Knoxville to get him another one.  I picked up Amy Clipston's new book to celebrate my weight loss goal.  She is one of my favorite authors so I cannot wait to crack open this book.


I finished my night by going to Altrudas for dinner.  I had a wonderful salad and rolls covered in tons of garlic.  It was amazing!!!


The last time I talked to Dad, he'd asked me to call him when I got back from vacation so we could schedule a time to get together.  I didn't pay any attention to the fact that today was Wednesday so I called him. I am almost positive I made him late for church tonight, but we talked for a while.  We had a wonderful conversation.  He wished me happy birthday.  He had no idea how much that meant to me.  I've spent years waiting to hear those words come from his mouth.  I started tearing up when he said it.  (side note: While I am normally an emotional person, I will be glad when my hormones settle down.  I am crying at the silliest stuff.)  I asked him to look at his calendar and let me know what day would be good to get together.  He said we'd talk in a few days and schedule something.  He sounded like he looked forward to talking to me again.  Small steps, small progress.  He gave me such a great present.  I am so thankful that God brought this man into my life. 


When Dad's wife answered the phone, she told  me his birthday is next week.  Now I get the pleasure of playing detective to find out what he wants for his birthday without asking him...I think I will call his wife tomorrow to get some ideas.  I am glad that the timing worked out so we wouldn't have to miss another birthday.  Twenty-eight years of birthdays were too many for us to miss.  I won't let one day go by that I don't celebrate this incredible miracle God has given me.  If He hadn't then I would've never been able to know this wonderful man. What a great start to my birthday!  I couldn't ask for anything more. 




Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment