Saturday, June 23, 2012

Vacation Day 6 - The Concert of a Lifetime


As I am typing this, my princesses are sleeping as the guys in my life are all watching a Christian Comedy DVD.  Bed time is going much smoother than it did last night and for that, I am very grateful. 



Today was a great day, despite its emotional start.  We had to travel to town this morning to pick up my phone from the rental office.  After that we went to have lunch and return my phone.  Before coming back to the cabin, we stopped by Walmart to let John get a few things.  My sweet little Jewel-Anne has discovered a mean streak in her.  While we were waiting for Daddy, I heard Sam yelling from the back of the van.  When I told her to stop pinching him she laughed at me and did it again.  I looked in the mirror and seen Liana’s hands on his leg so I assume she’d joined her sister’s antics.  I told him to gently pinch her if she did it again.  She did and so he did.  Now, I don’t advocate revenge under usual circumstances.  We teach our children to come to us if there’s a problem, but nothing was correcting the pinching problem.  So he pinches her where she barely feels it and she pinches him again.  The next thing I know she starts crying and I look back to see my “little mama” taking matters into her own hands.  Yes, Liana decided that Sam didn’t do a good job so she pinched Jewel-Anne.  Both girls got into trouble, but Jewel-Anne didn’t pinch Sam again.  It is so funny to watch Liana live life.  She acts like a little mama hen.  She will love and protect her little chicks with a love like no other.  Try and mess with her “babies” and she’ll go crazy.  HOWEVER, if she thinks they are misbehaving, she won’t stop until corrects them.  She will tattle like nobody’s business.  Thankfully, Daddy came out shortly after this. 



During all of this, I TRIED to read my new book by Beth Wiseman.  She is an awesome author.  I love all of her books.  After we came home, I helped John make dinner then went out for a bit to have some quiet and read my book.  I love my life and wouldn’t change a thing about it, but sometimes Mama needs a few minutes to herself.  I am thankful my husband understands that.  When I came home we sliced a watermelon.



When all of that was said and done, the kids asked for their harmonicas that mama bought last week in a moment of insanity.  Landon asked for them so I bought them.  The harmonicas are special treats, though.  They only get them for a little while and then they have to put them up.  They enjoy them more because they aren’t kept out all the time.  The other up side of this is that Mama hasn’t lost her mind yet.  ;-)  The kids enjoyed playing them.  Isaiah spent his time throwing his up in the air and watching it fall.  I finally showed him how to play and he loved it.  He got really mad at me when I told him it was time to put them up.



I can hardly believe that our vacation is almost over.  I am looking forward to next week.  I will officially begin my last year of my twenties.  We will celebrate with family.  Dad and I will make plans to get together soon.  I am almost positive that he doesn’t remember my birthday, but we still need to celebrate Father’s Day.  School will start in about two weeks, also.  While I love this time away from all of the craziness, I am excited for what awaits me when I get home. 



Blessings,



Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment