Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Too Hot!

I had a great day with a few bumps in the road. Spent the morning with family running errands. We had lunch out before coming home. 


This afternoon, I called my step mom to ask some questions related to Dad's birthday present.  We had a nice mini conversation before my phone decided to drop the call.  Dad got home right before we got disconnected.  She said "I think your Daddy's home."  Everyone reading this may think I am insane, but I still feel my heart skip a beat when someone calls him my daddy.  I often wonder if the new women in my life know how much their conversations mean to me.  I am sure in their minds, they aren't saying anything special.  If only they knew what their words meant to me.    When I called her back I tried to ask her a few questions and I could tell he was standing there.  I asked her if he was in the room. "Kind of!" is the response I got.  I am sure Dad thought it was weird that I called to talk to her and not to him, though.  Now, I must impatiently wait for us to be able to schedule something.  I long for the days when we don't go 5+ weeks in between visits.  For now, I am thankful for the time we do have together. 


After I finished my shopping I headed to the gym. I went to the gym where I misplaced my hair clip (long hair and working out aren't a good mix), dropped my glasses while on The Beast, then dropped my cell phone in the locker room. The irony of it all was I found my hair clip as I was walking out of the gym. The good news is that glasses are ok.  My phone will be sent next week.


I headed to Lifeway to spend my gift card my sisters got me.  I got some great books that I can't wait to read.  I had a wonderful dinner then headed home.  The kids are now sleeping in their beds.  I think it will be a semi-early night for me too.  This heat is making me super tired.  It was 105 degrees today!  I am ready for that stuff to be over with.  It does make me very thankful I know where I'm going when I leave this earth!!


Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment