Friday, June 22, 2012

Vacation Day 5 - The Farmer's Daughter

Today we got up early and traveled a couple hours from here to a little place called Chucky, Tennessee.  We went to the Amish store next to The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant.  We got some dip mixes and some cheese.  The kids got suckers for the trip home.  John’s treat was Red Rock Ginger Ale.  He said the stuff lights you on fire, but he loves it. 


Jewel-Anne stayed with Mama while everyone else went outside.  We paid for our purchases.  As we walked out we saw a horse.  My girls LOVE anything to do with horses so they were all going crazy.  The horses became the topic of conversation for lunch!  Apparently, everyone else seen lots of horses while we were paying.  Once the horses were gone, we made our way over to the restaurant.


Lunch was amazing as it always is when we visit.  They give you the choice of two meats and bring out tons of veggies.  This is the only time I ever get corn bread salad.  I LOVE it.  We had chicken and fish also.  Everything was delicious.  I skipped dessert, but everyone else enjoyed it.  We left and made our way back to the cabin. 
 

The rest of the day has been pretty crazy.  We are, once again, dealing with behavior issues.  They are a part of daily life.  Most days I do fine with them.  Other days, I am pushed to my limits and just have to let John take over for a bit while I read or soak in the tub, etc.  I am so thankful to have a husband who is willing to take over for me when things get crazy. 
 

We chose to have an early bedtime.  The kids were tired.  Jewel-Anne is asleep and everyone else is watching a movie.  Jewel-Anne still has to have Mama to rock her.  Daddy rocks Isaiah.  Liana refuses to allow anyone to rock her.  So right now I have a bed full of little bodies watching a movie.  I guess I will go enjoy the quiet while it lasts.  ;-)   


 For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)
 

Blessings,



Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment