Monday, June 18, 2012

Vacation Day 1 - Arrival

So this week we are on vacation.   I am going to attempt to keep a diary of our trip.  It will be interesting to see how I do without gym access and completely thrown out of my routine.  I am hoping I don’t gain while I am gone. 



The plan was to pack everything by Saturday, pack the van when we got home from church on Sunday, and leave for Dolly Wood by 5 AM.  That plan did not work out.  Saturday packing didn’t happen because we decided to beat the crowds for Father’s Day and took John out to dinner.  Sunday, I left the house at 8 AM with Sam and Liana to do last minute shopping.  We stopped to get gas, went to breakfast, then headed to Wal-mart.  When we got back home I was stressed to the max.  I don’t do well with “last minute” stuff.  I finally looked at John and told him I had to leave.  I didn’t want to put everyone in a bad mood.  I left with Sam and we went to dinner.  John didn’t finish packing and I was very tired so I went to bed.  I woke up at 4 AM and we finished packing.  It was about 6 AM when I realized we couldn’t check into the cabin until 3.  We were taking the dog with us so Dolly Wood was now out of the question.  We had breakfast, did a couple of things and headed for our destination. 



We spent the morning/ early afternoon wasting time.  Last time we were up here we got everyone airbrushed shirts.  John and Landon couldn’t find theirs so we stopped and had new ones made for them.  We stopped at the beef jerky outlet.  I was in heaven!  I stopped by Wal-mart to find another camera because mine decided it wanted to lose its clarity yesterday.  The store must’ve had a sale on cameras because they didn’t have very many in stock.  None of them were quite what I was looking for. Now I am stuck without a camera until I can find a good one. 



We finally arrived at the cabin a few minutes ago.  There is no internet access here.  I guess I will be posting these when I get back to civilization.  We were here all of 5 minutes before Isaiah walked in front of the swing and got hit.  I tried to stop him but was unsuccessful.  I know it’s going to bruise.  A certain son of mine has already been put in time out 3 times.  He must’ve gotten bored on the trip up here because he took his BRAND NEW shoes and shredded the string in one of his shoes.  The other 4 are taking turns running around the place like crazy, up and down the stairs, all around the floor, in a room, out of the room (making sure to stop to lock the door before coming out).  Isaiah has already found the broom and mop and started “cleaning.”  As I type this he just crawled under the sink to play plummer. 



As crazy as all of this sounds, it’s a typical “Vacation Day 1” for our family.  Each of my kids have their own little quirks about them, but I wouldn’t change a thing.  I love my life.  I am so blessed that all these kids call me ”Mama.”  I am blessed to have a husband who is willing to step in and take over the second I tell him I need a break. 



We are going to head out for an early dinner in a few minutes then have a nice quiet, early bedtime.  Mama is going to end her night in the hot tub and hopefully get a few minutes with my husband before we call it a night.  Tomorrow, it is up early to head to Dolly Wood. 



Tomorrow is also our anniversary.  It is hard to believe that this time tomorrow I will have been married 8 years.  We’ve been together almost 10 years.  We have been through so much together.  We have been to the point where we were both ready to walk, but I praise God that we’ve stuck it out.  He drives me insane sometimes, but I can’t imagine my life without him. He is standing behind me right now rubbing my shoulders so I am going to end this and enjoy this unexpected treat before dinner.  Until Later!


For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)


Blessings,



Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment