Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vacation Day 3 - Miracle in The Making - One Month Anniversary

I can hardly believe today marks the one month anniversary of meeting my Dad.  It hardly seems like it’s been that long.  We’ve only seen each other once, but I have talked to him several times on the phone.  I have spoken with my step-mom quite a few times too.  Things are moving at a nice slow pace, but that is ok.  Miracles aren’t always instant and healing takes time.


During our trips out and about, I have seen so many little churches.  Each time I see one, it stirs this longing in my heart to go to church with my Dad.  I am praying that one day God will make that dream a reality.  In the mean time, tears form in my eyes when I pass by these little churches.  My husband grew up in little churches so he would fit right in there.   The church I was baptized in was a small Baptist church.  The place I really started growing was in a larger Pentecostal church, though.  I started attending when I was 16.  Mom and I later joined the church and we’ve called it home ever since.  I love my church, but my heart still longs for the day when I can sit in church with my family and see my dad sitting next to us. 


I am so thankful for the changes that God has made in me and to me during this journey.  I am so thankful that I have my Dad to talk to now.  It has only been a month, but it seems like he’s always been there.  For that I am so thankful.  I look forward to seeing where the years take us.  I love him with all my heart and I pray that I can tell him that one day.


My birthday is a week from tomorrow.  When I get back I am going to call Dad to see if he has time to get together the weekend after.  We still have to celebrate Father’s Day.  It will be so nice to know that this year I can celebrate my birthday with my Dad.  God has given me one of the greatest birthday gifts ever.  Hopefully that will combat the sadness that my birthday holds for the other anniversaries it marks.


For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment