Sunday, June 24, 2012

Vacation Day 7 - Come Dance At My Wedding

Today is the last day of vacation.  We are trying to make the most of it so we can have fun, but there’s packing, cleaning, and end of vacation chores that must be done.  We will try to get those done this morning so we can enjoy the rest of the day.  While I am sad to see this time ending, life is waiting for me back home. 



A week or so ago, I went to the Christian book store to pick up a CD.  They were having an awesome sale and I ended up coming out with a large paper bag full of stuff.  I purchased several movies.  Among the mix was two movies called “Come Dance At My Wedding” and “A Letter to Dad.”  All week long I had been trying to watch “Come Dance At My Wedding” but kept falling asleep.  John asked me if I wanted him to skip to the part I hadn’t seen and I told him no.  I firmly believe that God has a perfect timing for even the most trivial stuff.  I can’t tell you how many times I have purchased a movie or CD that I just couldn’t get into only to pick it up later and see God’s purpose in me waiting.  It ministered to me at that moment in a way it wouldn’t have before. 



The movie was great.  It is about this woman who grew up without her Dad.  Her mom had died of cancer a couple months before the movie took place.  Circumstances lead her into being told about her Dad.  He ends up coming down just in time for her wedding. 



This movie spoke to me on so many levels.  I have always regretted not being able to have my Dad to walk me down the aisle.  The man who ended up walking me down the aisle was a man who I wasn’t even that close to and no longer speak with.  I wanted that tradition of being walked down the aisle.  My hope is to renew our vows on our 10th anniversary and make my dream come true.  I want a nicer gown this time.  Last time I had a gown donated to me.  I appreciated it and it meant so much to the woman who gave it to me.  It was her sisters who had also died from cancer.  It was a nice gown, but it wasn’t MINE.  I want to  be able to pick out the one I want and not settle for something just because it fits.  I want my kids to be a part of our ceremony this time.  I want to stand at the end of our church and look down the aisle at my husband and see all the years we will spend together.  More importantly, I want to have my Dad stand next to me and tell me he loves me as he walks me down the aisle.  This dream my sound crazy to most and that’s ok.  It’s what I want though.  God willing, I will see it come true in a couple years.  The hardest part of all of this will be that Mama won’t be there with me.  I really wish I could’ve experienced this dream before she died, but it wasn’t meant to be.  Ok, now I am getting all depressed so I will stop this blog with this thought.  It was a great movie.  You should definitely see it if you haven’t. 



Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment