Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vacation Day 2 - Not The Day I Planned

Today didn’t turn out like I wanted it to at all.  We decided that we’d go to Dolly Wood.  This seemed like a grand idea.  It was the first time we’d been as a family and the first time I’d been in over 20 years.  I knew things wouldn’t go perfectly, but I expected them to go better than they did. 


One of the downfalls of having so many little ones and going on vacation is that one parent ends up taking each child on a ride by themselves.  Sam was the only one who was able to ride anything by himself.  That meant Daddy went on everything 4 times while Mama sat with the others who screamed because they didn’t understand why it wasn’t their turn yet.  When we first arrived we had lunch.  Then we made our way to the rides.  Once we got to the rides the kids were all very cranky.  “Mom, it’s hot! Why can’t I go yet? They’ve been gone for HOURS!”  After a couple of rides, Mama had enough and we made our way to the trolley to go home.  The kids LOVED the “train” that took us to our van, though.  When we got back to the cabin, I turned the hot tub way down and let them play in the water for a bit.  They were very happy.

We made dinner early for the kids and put them to bed.  I am now in the process of making dinner for John and I.  We’re going to eat and attempt to watch a movie before we fall asleep.  We are officially an old married couple.  We can’t even stay awake to watch a movie anymore! ;-)


For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment