Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Update from the Doctor

Yesterday was an interesting day.  It was a great day, though.  We had a doctor's appt for me, I needed to get my ring from the Jeweler's and some of the kids had dental appts. My day started out feeding the kids breakfast.  Normally, John does this.  Because we had so many appts, I needed to have everyone ready to walk out the door when he got home, though.  I gave them bagels and cream cheese for breakfast so I could get in the shower.  They enjoyed breakfast, but I discovered that I had left my gym bag in the van.  Since I started going to the gym, I have been living out of my gym bag.  I got tired of never having what I needed anywhere so it all stays in there now.  It was at this point that I started to panic.  Life is crazy right now.  It takes us 30 minutes to leave the house to go anywhere and my first appt was at 11.  John got home and I got showered.  We made it to our first appt on time.


The first appt was with my new doctor.  I got there an hour early because my appt was scheduled later than I originally thought.  I knew I was going to need bloodwork so I skipped breakfast.  By 11:30, I was feeling really shaky.  I asked the receptionist how long it would be before I was called back and she said she'd check.  They ended up taking me ahead of a couple people.  I felt really bad for that because I know their time is important too.  They checked my weight, my blood pressure and went over my medical history.  The doctor came in and was super sweet.  He has a great personality and I love him to death.  We talked about my "tunnel hearing" and a couple other things.  He ordered labs, had his nurse clean my ears, gave me my prescription and was gone.  The nurse cleaned out my ears and I can hear again.  That is amazing.  The lab tech was even able to get my blood drawn with the first stick!


John called the Jewelers while I was in the doctor's office.  My ring hadn't come in.  I was so disappointed because I knew I wouldn't have time to get the ring until the next day now.  We went to get my lunch aftter we left the doctor's office. While I was eating the Jeweler called to say my ring was in.  I have been without a wedding ring for a couple months now.  This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but my rings mean a lot to me.  I put them back on for our family photos a couple weeks ago and the rings drove me crazy because they were so loose.


Our next stop was the dentist.  The kids were seeing a new dentist today.  Sam, Jewel-Anne and Isaiah had appts today  because they refused to schedule everyone at one time.  When we arrived I told John I was going to go in and fill out their paper work and would come out and get the kids when it was closer to their appt time.  I got in there and no one was at the reception desk.  I FINALLY got someone to help me a few minutes later.  I should've just walked out at that point.  Let me stop here and say, when I called to make the appointments, I was on the phone for over 30 minutes with the receptionist and I gave her all the information she needed and spelled the kids' names at least 3 times.  The paper work they gave me was print outs of what they had entered into the computer.  I sat down to fill out the paper work.  I have never seen such such a mess in my life.  Liana's name was spelled wrong.  Our address was wrong.  The kicker was when they listed SAMUEL, MY SEVEN YEAR OLD, as the responsible party for these children.  I walked back up to the receptionist and had to wait forever again.  I told the lady the errors that were made and asked for blank copies of their new patient paperwork.  You would've thought I had just asked her to hand over her first born.  She told me to just mark through the stuff that was incorrect.  If I did that there would've been no room to write anything because the only thing that wasn't wrong on these sheets were their last names!!!  I commented about them listing my minor son as the person financially responsible for the kids and she told me they did that so they could keep the accounts together.  At that point Mama had enough and said some things I shouldn't have.  I told her that they could've linked the accounts together just as easily if they had listed me or my husband the way I told them to when they asked who was financially responsble on the phone. I turned to sit down and then told the nurse I wanted to cancel the appointments because this was ridiculous.  I know people deserve grace, but when there are that many mistakes made on forms and no one is willing to do anything to correct them it's unacceptable.  What else will they be negligent about?  I walked out and was venting to John about everything that happened when the office manager walked out with the kids' insurance cards. 


This lady looked at me and started verbally attacking me.  She asked me what I thought was so ridiculous about their office staff and I told her I had already expressed my concerns to the receptionist who was unwilling to help me and I would just take my kids somewhere else.  She stood there in the parking lot and started yelling at me about how I had scheduled appts that weren't going to be kept now. I could see the vein in my husband's neck start to pop out and knew it was time to leave before we decided he'd had enough.  All of this over the fact that they wouldn't give me blank paper work to fill out since they'd made so many mistakes.  We left and I made an appt with another dentist for all 5 kids at one time!


I drove to the mall and got my ring.  I love it! It is gorgeous.  It was a "promise ring" but it makes a perfect temporary ring.  The band forms two little hearts and each hearts have a small diamond in it.  I asked for a box so John could put it on me.  He placed it on my finger and all was right in my world again. 


On our way home we stopped to get my medicine.  Then we headed home for me to get ready for my Mom's Night Out with Stephanie!  It had been forever since I had been able to go out with her.  We had a great time as we talked about everything going on in each other's lives.  We looked at pictures from me when I was younger.  It was the perfect ending to my crazy day. 


I guess I should end this blog with the good news.  Last month I had gained when I went into the clinic.  Yesterday at the doctor I weighed 294!!!  I lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks!!!  I was  very excited about that. 



For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)


Blessing,


Weight Loss Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment