Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vacation Day 4 - Mid Week Rest Day

Today was a day of resting.  Aside from going to have lunch, we spent most of the day at the cabin.  When I woke up this morning I was bleeding a bit so it looks like my period has decided to show up.  It’s kind of funny because I had a feeling I needed to bring supplies for this occasion when I was packing for the trip.  Other than some pretty bad cramping, I feel fine.  I am just really tired, emotional and cranky. 


This afternoon when we got back from lunch, I took a 2 hour nap.  John took the kids downstairs to play pool while I rested.  Liana took it upon herself to throw a ball at Isaiah and cracked him right in the mouth.  John said he bled for a couple minutes, but was fine after that.  He is such a tough guy. 


I have enjoyed having this time to just watch my kids.  There are no responsibilities up here.  There are no distractions.  There is only family.  It has been great to have that time to watch them shine.  This time passes so quickly. 
 

As I type this everyone is asleep except for Landon.  John took Isaiah to the living room to rock him, but I would guess that John is also asleep.  He got up really early with the kids this morning so I could rest.  It is in times like this that I remember why I love him so much.  While he has his moments, he’s usually really good about letting me rest when I need it.  Most mornings he gets up with the kids, without complaint, so I can get a little more sleep. 


Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day.  There is a little place just about an hour or so from here that we love to eat at when we are down this way.  It is called “The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant.”  My dear friend Jenn introduced me to this place a couple years ago when we were down this way for her son’s birthday party.  It’s a “home cooking” style place that has delicious food.  It is only open on the weekends and stays insanely busy.  Whenever we go there we always stop by the Amish Market next door.  I am looking forward to enjoying both of these places tomorrow.  We have 3 days left of vacation before we head back home.  Next week will be very busy.  My birthday is Thursday and I hope to get together with Dad on Sunday.  I need to reschedule some pediatrician appointments.  The list never ends.  Instead of thinking about all of that, I am going to go enjoy the quiet while everyone sleeps.  Goodnight, friends.


For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. - Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)


Blessings



Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment