Monday, July 30, 2012

As If My Life Wasn't Crazy Enough

So Friday evening my cell phone rings and it's my landlord.  We have a wonderful relationship with this man.  We have come to know and love him like family.  I have known him six years.  John has known him a bit longer though.  I remember the Christmas our heat went out and he spent Christmas morning crawling up under my house (his house, but we rent it) when he should've been spending time with his family.  That morning I shared some of my testimony with him and it really changed both of our lives.  This man is the man who helped guide us toward our journey to become foster parents.  I will forever be thankful for him every time I look into the eyes of my children.  


Anyway, I am getting off topic.  He called me Friday and he started sharing about how he is looking to cut back his hours at work and he shares some more things with me.  For the first ten minutes or so I was beginning to wonder if he realized he'd called me and not someone else.  He finally tells me he's hired someone to help take over the "grunt" work of the business but needs someone to run the business.  Since John as been looking for a job I assumed he was going to offer the position to him.  Then he tells me how much he trusts and respects me and would like to offer me the position.  After I managed to pick my jaw off the front porch, we talked a bit more.  He asked me to pray about it and said the position would be waiting on me when I was ready to give him my answer. 


I prayed all weekend, but knew from the moment I hung up that I would take the position.  I will have a home office.  I can work and still take care of my kids.  This job works around my schedule.  Thanks to technology, I can take my job with me anywhere I go.  I would be lying if I said it wasn't scary.  I am moving into a position I have never been in before.  Taking on more responsibility, which means more chaos.    So as if my life wasn't crazy enough now I am the work-at-home-homeschooling-mom to 12 precious children! 


Have you ever had one of those moments when God gave you something that you didn't even know you needed/wanted?  This was definitely one of those God things!  I am thankful that God is always watching out for me.  As the McKamey's say "Look ahead! Here comes Jesus right on time!"


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment