Friday, July 27, 2012

He's Never Too Far From Wherever You Are

Wherever You Are - The Martins

You are standing
At a crossroad
Wondering which road you should take
And you're dreading
The decision
And a possible mistake
But the will of God won't lead you
Where the grace of God can't keep you
You will never be out of His care
Remember that the Lord's already there

(chours)
Wherever you are
Wherever you're going
God is right there beside you
Seeing and knowing
Wherever you go
He already knows
What lies ahead and what's behind
You'll always find He's never too far
From wherever you are

You are waiting
To hear thunder
And see lightening in the sky
Oh, but God can
Work His wonders
Through a still small voice inside
Just keep listening and learning
And continue on your journey
Following the One who is the way
He's the only road you need to take

(chorus)




The past two weeks have been full of ups and downs.  I have tried to be silent and reflect on what God is trying to teach me through all of it.  I have spent a lot of time nestled in His Word begging for wisdom.  To be honest, I am still not sure what His plan is for all of this.   I am struggling hard to figure it all out, but trusting that He will see me through it all.  This place I am in isn't a comfortable place.  I am in a position where I am having to put aside what I want and do what is necessary. 


I sit here and I wait.  I wait to hear God speak.  I wait to hear His directions.  I wait to move.  Then I put one foot in front of the other.  That is all I can do at this point.  I just keep moving, knowing that the One who loves me most is right there with me.  I will never be able to take a step that He hasn't already made. 


The lyrics above are to one of my favorite songs.  They became even more real to my life when mom died.  When chaos reigned and I questioned what God's purpose was for taking my mom away from me.  God was there to see me through it though.  He is always faithful to see me through the tough situations.  He carries me when I am too tired to stand.  He rejoices with me I am strong enough to walk on my own.  "The will of God won't lead you where the grace of God can't keep you."


My heart is heavy tonight, but I know He will carry all of my burdens.  This is a unique place for me because I am used to being in control of  my life and always knowing what my next move will be.  Apparently, foster care taught me NOTHING. I ask that you will join me in prayer that I won't make one step without being in God's perfect will for me.  Please pray that God will remove my fears and help me to stand strong.


Thank you to each of my friends and family who are there for me. To those who have, and will continue to, lifted me up in prayer.  I feel your prayers.



Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment