Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Busy, Busy Week!

This week has been full of life and it's only begun.  Saturday, the AC in my van went out.  We were all miserable on the ride home.  My sister tried to add coolant, but that didn't work.  Today, I took it to the mechanic to have it looked at. After about an hour, they said the coolant fan was bad so it would have to be replaced.  I will take it in on Friday and after an insane amount of money they will fix my vehicle.  I am very thankful that we've found a good mechanic that doesn't try to cheat us.  With us both not knowing much about vehicles, it's nice to know we've found someone who will take the time to explain things to us and make sure he does right by us. 


Sunday, we skipped church because I was worried about driving the kids in the heat.  That evening we spent with my family celebrating my sister Kathy's birthday.  The kids had a great time.  Dinner was lovely.  It was nice seeing everyone. 


Yesterday, we had our first day of school for the 2012-2013 school year.  Yes, I know it's July.  Yes, I'm aware that most will be out another month.  We choose to homeschool through the hotter months, though.  We take off time in the cooler months when we can enjoy being outdoors.  We also take a month off for Christmas.  Christmas is always a hard time for all of us so we take some extra time off then. School is going well.  The kids love science.  Math, Language and Reading are things they wish I'd let them do without, but the rest of it they are loving.  Tomorrow, we will crack into the health and history.  The boys love learning about the body and all things in history.  Those have always been their favorite subjects. 


This evening I spent some time with Stephanie.  I love her to death.  What a blessing it is when God sends those people in your life who encourage and strengthen you; who aren't afraid to call you out when you go too far out of reality; who are only a phone call away when you need them.  Friends like that are hard to come by and I am so thankful for the ones he's placed in my life.  We spent the evening chatting about life and things we are going through right now.  Until I met Stephanie, I NEVER went out with friends.  I did when I was younger but not since motherhood.  She's brought me out of my shell.  She's been with me through many ups and downs.  God thank you for my friends!


I haven't been to the gym this week.  I am planning to go tomorrow.  It seems life keeps getting in the way.  I need to be able to settle back into a routine that gives me the motivation to make time for my life in the midst of all of the chaos.  I have to get back to the business side of living.  I am ready to see 270, but that won't happen unless I journey into the land of The Beast!


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment