Thursday, May 31, 2012

TIme for an Update

Good morning!  It's been a while since I updated so I wanted to take the opportunity to do so as we close out month five.  It's so hard to believe all of the changes that have taken place this month.  I look forward to many, many more next month.


From a diet/exercise standpoint, I got sick this month and had gained a pound when I went in for my weigh-in.  I am feeling much better and have made it to the gym  most days.  I have noticed a big difference on the scales too, but I will wait to post those results until weigh in.  I will say I think they have rigged their scales at the clinic.  I weighed at clinic when I went in for my shot yesterday (just to see where they said I was) and it weighed me almost 4 lbs more than my scales at the gym.  THAT was NOT nice!  IN order to get into the program you have to meet a certain BMI requirement so perhaps that is why they do it. Who knows, but I am not impressed.  The past couple days I have been drinking so much water that I feel like a fish.  I am hoping this helps also.  I noticed a HUGE difference in my appetite though! That is a major bonus. 


Yesterday, my husband treated me to a spa day.  After I left the gym, I went to the spa and had an hour long massage and a facial.  HEAVEN ON EARTH!  I will definitely be doing that in the future!  For anyone thinking of giving me a birthday present, money would be a great idea...I will thank you after my next massage.  ;-)


Things with Dad are going very well.  I still can't believe that this is really happening.  There is so much I want to say to him.  There is so much I may never have the courage to say to him.  He has given me the greatest gift and that was his love and acceptance.  I have talked to him a couple times since our meeting.  We are going to make plans to get together to celebrate Father's Day somewhere around that time.  For years I have dreamed of sitting in church with my Dad on Father's Day.  I am hoping to make this dream a reality next year.  I haven't asked him if he'd mind me joining him this year, but I feel like he still needs more space right now.  One thing I have learned through this is that I love him enough to allow him to take his time.  I don't want to push things too fast.  So for this Father's Day, I will love him from afar and dream of next year. 


I guess that is a pretty good summary of life for month five.  Life is crazy, but very blessed.  I couldn't ask for anything better. 


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment