Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers' Day and a Funeral

I will start out by saying I have great kids and they are my reason for living.  They made cards for me.  They got me a book and a candle, but more importantly they gave the sweetest hugs and "I love you" 's.  That means more to me than anything else.


All that being said, I hate this stinkin' day. It reminds me that I am now an orphan.  My mama left and my father isn't here either.  This day reminds me of all that I am missing now that she's gone.  It also reminds me that over half of my children aren't here with me.


I woke up this morning with the intentions of going to church.  The kids ended up having tummy troubles this morning.  We had to rush to the store because we needed  diapers.  Then we went to the grave yard to take flowers for mama and to bury Chloe.  This special day shouldn't include trips to the grave yard.  It's just wrong!!!!


We sang and prayed over our precious baby.  We lowered her tiny casket into the ground and we said "see you soon."  She is beautiful.  I know she's sitting in my mama's arms right now being rocked and comforted by the same arms who comforted me for 25 years.  If she can't be in my arms, there's no other place I'd rather my babies be.


I asked my husband to make spaghetti for me for dinner tonight.  Since I have started dieting, I haven't been able to have really good spaghetti.  So tonight he made it...after I chopped everything that went in it...then he needed my help with a couple other things. I didn't care to help him.  However in the end my plate was dumped because someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.  Oh well, I saved some calories I guess.  This weekend has been so hard and I am glad to see it go.  I hope this week is better.


Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment