Thursday, August 9, 2012

Completing the October Baby Bible Study

This has been a really good day.  I am very thankful for that.  This morning I woke up to the sounds of Landon doing his chores.  Unfortunately, he woke the rest of the house up with his cleaning.  I'll take it, though! 


I took this time to get out of bed and start my day.  Landon earned WiiFit time so he did that while I read my Bible.  Over the last month I have read more of my Bible than I ever have.  While I am ashamed to admit that fact, I am proud of myself for finally digging in and getting into it.  I always had a problem taking God's Word and applying most of it to my life. There are some things that are easy to make sense of (don't commit adultry, don't steal, etc). Others I am left asking "What did You mean for me to learn from this?" Then I ran across the passage that says "If any of you lacks wisdom..." (James 1:5) while reading through the book of James.  Since then I always start by asking God to give me His wisdom so that I may read His Word through His eyes.  There are still some things I struggle with understanding, but God is faithful and will provide the wisdom I seek. 


When John got home from work, I caught a quick shower and went to my friend Stephanie's house to babysit my "bonus babies."  These are the kids I get to love on, enjoy for a while, then return to their parents when the day is done.  LOL  In all seriousness, these kids are really special to me and I love them like my own children.  I am so blessed by this family and they are part of my family as much as my own siblings. In my eyes, these kids are my nieces and nephews.  I will love and protect them as I would my own kids.  We had a great time.  ZR decided that I needed to see all of her clothes!  The boys were great, too.  Unfortunately, shortly after I arrived it was lunch and nap time so we didn't get that much time together. 


Wednesdays are shot days so I headed to Clinic after leaving Stephanie's.  Thankfully, I got a good nurse so the shot didn't hurt at all.  There is this one nurse there that makes me feel like I am dying every time she sticks me.  There is one nurse there that makes the shots painless.  The other ladies are good at their jobs and make sure the pain is minimal. 


Tonight was sandwich night at our house.  Everyone had their part in helping Mama prepare dinner, something Daddy does most of the time now.  They had fun.  After dinner we played for a while and Daddy went to church.  Bedtime was fairly easy tonight, praise God! 



This morning I also finished up my October Baby Bible Study.  This was a four week study that has really challenged me in the way I view my life and those around me.  It is so hard to believe how much this movie changed my life.  I stand in awe of the fact that God knew, before I was even born, how much this movie would change my life.  I am so thankful to the writers of the movie who followed God's call to make this film.  I know that many lives have been changed and many more will be in the years to come.  On a personal level it means so much to know that God would ochestrate all of this even if I was the only one who was ever impacted by the movie. 




In thinking back over the last six months of my life, I am amazed with how much God has changed me.  Finding my father seemed to be nothing more than a nice dream that would never come true.  Even if it did come true, I was convinced it would be a nightmare.  I was almost paralyzed by the fear that things would end badly because I was so afraid of taking that chance.  I am so thankful God gave me the courage to push forward.  Even if things had ended badly, at least I could have peace knowing I did all I could.  Thankfully, that isn't the case.  Things have been great with Dad.  We have had many phone conversations and are looking forward to seeing each other again soon.  These months have been filled with many difficulties and situations that were hard to face, but the blessings far outweigh the work that it's taken to get here. 



It doesn't seem like it's only been 3 months since I first met Dad.  In my life there was this missing piece and Dad fit the puzzle completely.  As I type this it doesn't seem like it's only been 3 months.  It seems like he's been a part of my life forever.  That's not to say that there aren't challenges and days when I struggle (as I'm sure he does) with where we are.  It's complicated, messy and very emotional, but it's worth it!  I spent my entire life dreaming of the time when I could pick up the phone and call him.  God carved my dreams of Dad out to be exactly what they needed to be to make this work.  Forgiveness and healing have been gifted to me by my Heavenly Father to be extended to my earthly father.  I continue to pray that his other kids will one day be willing to build a relationship with me as well.  I know none of this is easy on them, either. 


I will always be grateful to the creators of this movie for the part they played in my story. I don't know that I would've ever had the courage to contact my Dad. I am thankful that God brought my Dad home to me. I look forward to many years with this incredible man.

On September 11th, October Baby will be released on DVD.  I highly recommend you purchase a copy of it for your family.  Pastors, show this film in your churches.  Buy extra copies and give them away.  If it saves one life, it's worth it!  Also, please join me in praying for these post abortive women.  They need to know that there is forgiveness when they turn their lives over to God and repent.  They need to know that God still loves them and that He is waiting with open arms to welcome them home. 


Tonight as I close this entry, I will go to bed with a full heart.  I am blessed beyond measure because of the life God has given me.  I am in awe that He loves me so much. 


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment