Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Good Weekend

This has been a pretty good weekend.  Yesterday we celebrated Sam's birthday (a week late) with family.  He had a wonderful time. Mrs. Cheryl waited on us at Chili's.  She is such a precious lady and we love her to death.  She is so patient and kind with my kids.  I will say it again - the quickest way to move this mama is the way you treat my kids.  If you are kind then you won't find a better friend, but NO ONE wants to awaken Mama Bear!


I've been to the gym 4 times this week.  TB is kicking my tail, though.  My first day back at the gym, I completed an hour of TB.  The days since then have been 30 minute days due to time constraints.  Yesterday, I squeezed in a trip to the gym before going to Sam's party so I was very proud of myself.  I love my quiet, uninterrupted showers.  They are so nice.


Today, the kids and I stayed home from church because Liana wasn't feeling well.  Sam said he wanted to play with the babies.  While he did that Landon and I cleaned house.  We moved furniture, swept and organized everything in the living room. We also completed my room, the girls room and worked on the bathroom.  Landon's reward for being such a sweet helper was a lunch date with Mama.  We had a great time and even ran into our former Pastor.  It was nice seeing him and his family. 


Tomorrow is my first day of work.  I am so excited, but I feel so unprepared.  I feel like I will mess something up.  I know my boss is only a phone call away, though.  I shared my heart with John this afternoon about my nervousness.  He took the time to stop and pray with me.  That may sound like no big deal to most, but I couldn't tell you the last time that happened.  Something so simple made my day. 


Life is changing so much that you'd think I wouldn't have time to stop and think about anything.  I wish that were true.  I can't seem to get my mind off Dad, though.  I miss him so much.  I can't wait to see him again.  John tells me all the time that he can't wait to meet Dad and B.  I have told him so many stories about my phone conversations with B that I am sure he feels like he knows her already.  I am thankful that he understands the need for me to take this slowly, though.  He gets frustrated when he sees me longing to see Dad so, but he is trying to respect the decisions I have made. 


Today, John got the phone call telling him he was officially hired for the company he applied for. He found out on Friday that he had the job, but this was the official seal of approval.  It came with a couple emails with all of his pre-employment paperwork and info for his drug screen which he will take tomorrow.  My time with him is slipping away.  He has been working part time for 9 months now.  While the additional income will be nice, I will miss him being here all the time.  Now don't get me wrong, I am glad he'll be out of the house more.  I have one more month before he starts work, though.  I am going to make it count.  My "honey-do" list is getting longer. ;-)


Well most of my kids are already asleep.  I am going to take the time to read some of my book and enjoy the quietness of my house before my husband comes home. 


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment