Saturday, April 21, 2012

What A Difference A Year Makes

April 2011 was my heaviest recorded weight mark at 360 lbs. My diabetes was completely out of control even in September 2011 with my levels running well into the mid to upper 300s most of the time. My A1C level was 12.5-13.0. I was sad, depressed and hopeless. In the midst of my adoption with the youngest two, I was discussing my wishes for my kids when I was gone. I was at such a low point and it just seemed to keep getting worse. I felt like I was too far gone and the more I thought about it the worse I felt.

I am about to complete month 4 of my weight loss journey and I am completely amazed what 4 months will do. February I did my first A1C in years. It was 6.0. I couldnt believe it. The home tests come in packs of two so I did the second test tonight. It's only been 2 months (thought it had been 3) and my levels have dropped again.

I got everything out of the box and sat there for a good two minutes before I could bring myself to poke my finger. I still have horrible needle-phobia. I finally poked my finger and collected the blood, put the sample in the container and shook it for 5 seconds. Then I placed the test disk into the machine. I waited until it told me it was ready for the sample. I placed the sample on the disk and waited...it seemed like it took forever to give me the results. Once they showed I just sat there and stared at them. I know I am working hard and making changes to my lifestyle, but to see results still leaves me scratching my head saying "how'd that happen? SURELY, that's not what I seen!" Ten minutes later I placed everything in the box to throw away.....

Mini Progress Report

WEIGHT

April 2011 - 360
December 2012 - 326
January 2012 - 315
February 2012 - 308
March 2012 - 302
April 2012 - 298


DIABETES / A1C LEVELS

September 2011 - 12.5 - 13.0 (basing this on my blood sugar levels) / average level in upper 300s
February 2012 - 6.0 / average level being 120 ish
April 2012 - 5.3 / average level 92ish


I am still in awe of what happens when you decide to make changes. I praise God for those who have helped me along the way. This isn't the end, or even the middle point, but I am very impressed. I can see body changes without even trying to find them now. I look slimmer. My "rolls" are more like mini-rolls now. ;-) I will post April pics soon.



Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:12-13 NKJV


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment