Monday, April 16, 2012

An Amazing Weekend

I had a great weekend.  Friday night, I went to Altrudas for a big salad.  I ordered a meal that I ate two bites of.  I am trying different things because I got tired of the same ole stuff.  Altrudas holds a speial place in my heart.  One of the families I used to nanny for introduced me to this little gold nugget almost 15 years ago.  After I met John, who loves Italian food, it became one of our favorite day places.  We actually spent our 6th month anniversary there. Oh young love! Can you imagine how different marriages would be if they still celebrated each  milestone like they do when they are dating? Anyway, it is a challenge to find something tha I like here because I have a huge dislike for ricotta cheese.  Well, they put it in almost everything.  When I first started going there I always got lasagna and just picked the cheese off.  Then I switched to chicken parmasean.  It is delicious, but I am looking for something new.  My biggest challenge when I go to Altrudas is their garlic rolls.  They cover them in shaved garlic and a lake of butter.  I only ate 3-4 this time, where as I usually can eat 10 or more.  While this wasn't the best thing for me to eat, I think I did well since I was indulging a craving.


Saturday was pretty great too.  I went to the gym.  Afterwards, I went to Books-A-Million and bought a million books.  Ok, so I'm not funny.  I purchased a couple journals, a couple new pens and a couple books from their bargain bin.  I was also a good wife and got something for my groom.  I surprised him.  Again, if only we all thought about doing these things more as married people, we would be in a way different place.  I took some time to read some of the book I had been reading.  I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon out. 


Sunday was very surprising.  We went to church.  Instead of having to leave after a couple songs we made it all the way through praise and worship, offering and I got to hear about 5 minutes of the sermon.  John looked at me and asked if I had promised them lunch or something.  (In a desperate attempt to make my children behave one Sunday I promised them lunch if we made it all the way through service. I *knew* I wasn't going to have to make good on this promise...but it worked.)  Then, Mr. Isaiah woke up and decide it was party time.  He started cackling.  Shushing him didn't work, in fact it made him worse, so I left with him.  Landon assumed we were all leaving church so he followed me out to the foyer.  I sat the boys in a couple chairs and tried to listen to the sermon.  We also worked on tying Mr. Landon's shoes.  After about 5 minutes had passed John comes out with Sam and the girls.  Llama, Llama missed her mama.  I took the kids to the car and sent John back into service.  As parents who believe in pew parenting (keeping your children with you instead of sending them off to children's church), I couldn't tell you the last 5 times we actually made it through a whole service.  I honestly think it was one May Sunday morning two years ago before Isaiah made his grand entrance into our lives. We had a great day. 


This week, we have scheduled dates with each of our children.  I am looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with them.  Sam had his date on Thursday.  We went to the movies.  This week John is taking Isaiah to the bounce house and Landon bowling and I will be taking the girls to see Chimpanzee on Friday and Saturday.  Jewel-Anne has developed a huge love of "Muntees" (monkeys) so I know she will love this movie.  It's going to be a great week.


A friend of mine as issue a challenge to a group of my friends.  Sixty miles in thirty days.  Today is day 1.  I will be keeping track of my progress here.  The thought of this challenge makes me very tired, bur ir's just what I need to kick myself back into gear. 



Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:12-13 NKJV



Blessings,


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment