Monday, April 2, 2012

Forever and a Birthday

Three years ago today my life changed forever. It was the very first major thing our family celebrated since Mom had died. It was such a bitter sweet day. I spent the whole morning crying about what all she was missing. I tried to not be mad at her, but part of me was very angry that she decided to leave (like she really had control of it!) when all of this important stuff was going on.


As I walked into the court house I regained composer. I didn't want the boys to think I was upset with them. We waited for the longest while then it was our turn. We walked into the Judge's chambers. This judge was very cold. At one point I wondered if he was really going to grant our adoption or not. He did, though, and then gave the boys candy. Everyone said their congrats, we got our paperwork and then we left.


Today is not only the day that we celebrate our Forever Family anniversary, but it's also Landon's birthday. My baby who was only a year old when he came to us turns 6 today. The time really does fly. I am so happy God chose me to be his Mama. He is funny, smart, stubborn and so loving. I am so blessed.


Today always leaves me thinking back to the day when these two little fire crackers came crashing through the door of my life. "Are you my new mom?" my then 3 year old Sam asks. "Yes, I am!" I said with tears in my eyes. "Where is my new room and new toys??" Through the good days, bad ones and the inbetween I am so blessed to be chosen by God to be their mama.


Dear Sam and Landon,


I can't believe it's been 4 years since God blessed me with you two. We have been through so much during that time. Grammie is watching over you today and always. She is so proud of the young men you've become. You guys are amazing. You make my world a better place. I pray that you will one day know just how much I love you. Now let's go to the park! ;-)


Love,


Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment