Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And So The Saga Continues...

Sunday, as I was taking John to work, I started having a stabbing pain in my heart area.  That scared me bad enough that I got my sister to keep the kids and I went to the ER.  The ER doctor said I was too young to be having heart problems.  He assured me I was fine and sent me home.


Today started out super early.  John had to come home two hours early in order for me to get everywhere I needed to be in time.  The neurosurgeon I seen has been at the same for the last three decades.  I went to that hospital and walked around to find that he had moved to another hospital.  When I finally made it to the correct hospital I was in such a hurry I forgot to notice where I parked so I searched for 30 minutes to find my van when I came out.


Neurosurgeon has ordered an MRI for next Tuesday. I also have my cardiology appointment this day.  Dermatologist said nothing was "remarkable." PCP said "It is heart related until we prove otherwise. I don't believe it's stress. It's not your gall bladder either.   Apparently, they did lab work concerning my gall bladder and it was normal as well. The doctor gave me a lovely little present to take home for 24 hours. It is itchy and scratchy and I hate it! He is making me wear a heart monitor.  He had the nurse to check my blood pressure sitting and standing. Apparently it is supposed to go down when you stand up. Mine did the opposite of that, though! Go figure! The thought of my body doing what it is supposed to do is kind of laughable at this point.


The doctor told me that heart problems at my age are almost always electrical versus plumbing issues. Apparently, that is supposed to bring me comfort.  I guess it does in a way, but at the same time, heart issues are still super scary.  The fear of that surely isn't helping my blood pressure none.  He is putting me on a mild blood pressure pill and wants me to take it until I see the cardiologist.  He said that they would decide from there whether I would continue taking it or not.


So that's the story.  Still no answers, but I will be having an MRI next week.  Hopefully, I'll be having the echo-cardiogram as well.  In the mean time we sit and wait.  2013 really needs to shape up.  I hope that the rest of my year doesn't look as lovely as the first couple months are!


One really cool thing happened today, though.  While I was at the neurosurgeon's office, I was reading one of Wanda Brunstetter's books.  While I was getting checked in one of the office ladies noticed the book.  We had a good conversation about Amish fiction writers.  I introduced her to Beth Wiseman and Amy Clipston too.


It's almost bedtime here so I need to go.  John is going to try to get a nap before work because we have a second round of appointments tomorrow.  Thank God, none of those are for me!  Those are all big boy appointments.


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment