Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year Has Begun...What Will You Do With It?

A month ago I would've said I am not a resolution type person, but then I started doing The Resolution for Woman (the women's version of the book they did in Courageous) and I learned just the opposite is true.  We all make resolutions every day.  We resolve that we will get up and go to work each day (outside the home or in the home).  We resolve that we will hang on to old vices or let them go.  We resolve to live for ourselves or to live for the Lord.  Will we hang on to the past or move on to something better?  Will we forgive those who have hurt us or will we continue to hold on to the resentment and hatred that enslaves us?  (Make no mistake about it, the hatred we have for others harms us more than it harms our intended victim(s).)  We make resolutions each day.  Why can we follow through with those and not follow through with the ones we make each year on this day?  The reason is very simple.  Every year in December we get the Superman complex.  We think we are 10 feet tall and bullet proof when we just aren't.  We set ourselves up for failure before we ever get started.  Do not set yourself up to fail this year.  Look at your list and revise it to give yourself attainable goals.  I don't know that I will be able to complete everything on this list.  If I can't, that is okay.  God gives grace to us and I will extend some to myself if need be! And now, here is my list.

THIS YEAR I DESIRE TO...

Personal Goals

1. Get closer to the Lord.
2. Read my Bible more than I do now.
3. Become more outgoing.
4. Lose 50 lbs
5. To be a healthy "fat person"
6. Be a better wife
7. Be a better mama
8. Be a better friend to those around me.
9. Open myself up more to Dad in hopes of building a stronger relationship with him. If I don't put myself out there I have no one to blame but myself.
10. To meet all of Dad's kids this year.


Marriage Goals

11. Spend five minutes each day of uninterrupted alone with each other.
12. Have one " in house" date night a week.
13. Have one (real) date night a month.
14. Complete a couple's Bible Study/Devotion set.
15. To "study" my husband more.
16. Build better communication skills with  my husband.
17. Surround ourselves with Godly couples who encourage us to grow in the Lord together.
18. To live as one.
19. Complete the Jim Sammon's Financial Freedom Seminar.
20. Start planning our vow renewal for next year (2014)


Family Goals

21. Get outside more with my kids.  - This has been a hard one with my kids being so little.
22. Take more trips together this year. We live in East Tennessee.  There's too many beautiful places to go to stay cooped up inside all the time.
23. Have the big boys (maybe the littles too) take swimming lessons.
24. Music lessons for the big boys.
25. Become more involved in church.
26. Do family devotions each day
27. Read with my children more often.
28. Potty Train the littles (God, PLEASE let this be the year!)
29. Establish a better routine.
30. Teach all the kids to ride a bike.



This is  my list.  Feel free to share your list in comments.


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment