Sunday, February 26, 2012

Devotion Day 1

Friday, Sam and I went to our local Christian book store before going to the doctor. While that appt certainly didn't turn out well the trip to the book store was a blessing I didn't even realize at the time. I have been looking for a devotion/Bible study for myself. I am really struggling with a lot of spiritual stuff. I need something to help lift me up. The reason I had stopped by the store was to pick up Amy Clipston's (www.amyclipston.com) newest book, A Life of Joy. I love her books!

While I was there I found the book "What If Your Blessings Come Through Raindrops?" by Laura Story. I'm sure many have heard this song. It's been a great encouragement to challenge me to look at things differently. It has been a source of comfort through the chaos of my life since Jeremiah died. I highly recommend this book. I read "Chapter 1" today. I think I'm really going to be ministered to in the next 30 days by this book.

"Jesus never asks us to give Him what we don't have. But He does demand that we give Him all that we do have if we want to be a part of what He wishes to do in the lives of those around us!" - Anne Graham Lotz

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment