Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blessings

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise



As I am writing this my big boys are doing school work and my littles enjoying a snack. Can I just tell you how incredibly blessed I am? I have children who love their mama. Many people are out there with empty arms. Many mamas will wake up this morning wondering where they will get food to feed their children today and will go hungry so their child has enough food in their belly. All of our bellies are full. Many mamas are in the hospitals with their children this morning and have no hope of going home today..this week...or even this month. My kids are healthy. I have a friend who is sitting in the NICU with her daughter who is a micropremie and her prognosis is very grim. Yesterday she was told her daughter wouldn't survive through the night. Thankfully, Miss L showed them she was a fighter.

I really don't mean to sound so depressing because that is NOT where I am at today. So often we take our blessings for granted. If you have a family, house, food and clothing you are blessed beyond measure. Many get so caught up in keeping up with the Joneses that we really miss a lot of what God has for us. I resolve this day not to miss one blessing that God has for me. I will cherish my children like there will be no tomorrow because one day there won't be. Aunt Flossie used to say "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

I have struggled a lot this last 6 weeks. Jeremiah's death shook me to the core. I will never be the same. I have struggled not so much with traditional depression, but to get my drive back. I haven't been able to find my joy. I struggle to understand why the day to day things have to be so hard. My spirit is so weak right now. I long to find joy in each day, but it is a struggle. A struggle I don't understand because I WANT to be joyful. With each of my other miscarriages I allowed myself to enter into this deep pit of grief that nearly swallowed me whole. I promised myself that I wouldn't do that this time and I haven't. I guess I thought it would be easier, but it hasn't been. I just don't know how to get my joy back. One foot in front of the other is the only thing I know to do.

Today is a new day. I will embrace my journey. I will embrace everything God has for me with open arms because I don't want to miss anything. Even when it gets hard I will choose to say I am blessed because I am.




This is the day which the LORD hath made ; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Be Blessed,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment