Saturday, October 6, 2012

Landon's Missing Tooth

Yesterday was crazy, crazy, crazy!  Did I mention that it was C-R-A-Z-Y?  Each morning John meets his friend at the hotel so he can ride to work with him.  Sometimes I drive him.  Sometimes he walks the mile so I don't have to get the kids out in the mornings.  Yesterday was his first pay day from the job so I chose to take him to the hotel.  We went to the ATM, filled the van with gas and stopped at McDonalds for breakfast.  The guy ended up over sleeping so I ended up taking him to work.  By the time I got home I forgot to give Landon his medicine until 11 AM.


Work was incredibly busy yesterday.  I scheduled four people before lunch.  In the middle of this I was doing school work with all of the kids, making lunch, etc.  You know, all of the stuff that forms the job of being a Mama.  Around 4, I stepped outside to take a call from my boss.  I sent the kids to play in the girls' room.  I was outside for about 10 minutes when Sam and Landon rushed to the door.  Sam looked like he was about to meet death row.  Landon was grinning like he had just won a shopping spree at ToysRUs.  It was then I noticed that Landon's tooth was missing.  I immediately hung up the phone to find out what was going on. 


Last year, Liana bought a set of pool floaties with her allowance.  They stay in her toy box and she plays "swimming" with them often.  Landon was blowing one of them up.  Sam jumped off the toy box at that moment and landed on the float knocking Landon's tooth out.  Sam immediately started apologizing.  I told him that I knew it was an accident and that he wasn't in trouble.  Landon, still grinning, looks at me and says "You owe me money now!" 


This is totally the story of my life.  This will definitely be a story that we will remember.  "Normal" doesn't exist in my life, at least not the way everyone else would define it.  That's ok with me, though.  Normal is boring!  My days are anything but boring! ;-)


Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment