Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Am Tired

This is a blog that I hoped I wouldn't have to write.  I was hoping that we'd have a diagnosis by now and have a plan to solve my problem, but that isn't the case.  I am so tired I can barely move.  I have been on medicines to treat anxiety for almost two months now.  The first medicine didn't help, but this one seems to be.  As the fog of that is lifting, I am seeing more and more that anxiety alone is not the problem.  I will be making another appointment soon to discuss what is going on.


I am tired. I'm not talking about homeschooling-mom-of-five-kids-whose-husband-works-two-jobs tired. I am exhausted. I am sleeping very well at night, yet I still wake up tired. I do alright the first couple hours of the day, but after that I am ready to go back to bed. If I have anything planned for the day then it speeds up the process.  John has taken over cooking again.  He makes sure I have something easy or already prepared for dinner.  The kids and I have been watching a bunch of movies and chilling at home most of the time.  It's not ideal, but you do what you have to do.


I am 29 years old.  Life shouldn't be like this.  Something is wrong with me, but so far we haven't found what it is.  This goes far beyond the anxiety issue.  From that standpoint, I'm doing really well.  My thyroid was tested earlier this year, but it was fine.  With a family history of thyroid cancer, my doctor keeps a close eye on that.  I have been watching my blood pressure and it is also fine.  I desperately want to feel better.   I want the energy to be able to play with my kids and have fun.  I want to be able to be the mom I was before all this started.


Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment