Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Gift

 
My Precious Daddy

My Sweet Bonus Mama



What is on your wish list for Christmas?  When asked this question most people could name an extensive (and expensive) list very quickly!  My Christmas list usually consists of things no one can buy me.  I want my Mama back.  I want to see my Daddy.  I want more children.  I want to see myself the way God sees me.  I'm not asking for much, am I? 


Today I received my Christmas present from God early this year.  I have been trying to make plans with Dad for the longest time.  When I could, he couldn't.  When he could, I couldn't.  The timing just wasn't right.  I have spent many days crying in the arms of my husband because this journey is such a hard one.  I am such a passionate person and when I love, I love deeply.  I have done my best not to be pushy either.  The last seven months have been one wild, emotionally-charged roller coaster. Over the past month I had talked to Dad a couple times.  He was going to be on vacation this week so we'd made tentative plans for this week.  I called him last night hoping we could plan something.  He told me that he'd look at their schedule and asked me to call again this morning.  I did just that.  We decided to meet for lunch.  That gave me an little more than an hour to shower, get dressed, go to the bank, stop at the Christian bookstore (forgot his copy of October Baby) and get to the restaurant.  I showed up a few minutes after 11 and thought for sure I was late.  I wasn't late. I was actually 20 minutes early.  Oops! On the way to meet them I kept praying God would allow us to have a pleasant visit.  God granted my wish.


They arrived and we ordered our food.  I had two gift bags with me because we hadn't seen each other since May.  I had Father's Day, Birthday and Christmas stuff for him and birthday and Christmas presents for Bonus Mama. We talked for the longest time after we finished eating.  I couldn't have asked for a better visit.  He hugged me twice and we got pictures together.  It was everything I could've dreamed of.  We said good-bye all too soon, though.  After they left, I had a couple of business calls to return so I did that.  Then I ran over to Books-A-Million to look around.  While I was there, I ran into them again.  We discussed books for a little while.  I found out that Bonus Mama likes Amish books. She also recommended a couple books for me.  I am excited to read them.


Yes, dear friends, my gift came early this year.  It didn't come in the form of presents wrapped under the tree.  It came after almost three decades of prayer.  It came seven months after this journey started.  It came dressed in jeans and a button down shirt.  The greatest gift I could've received this year was my Daddy.  He is worth every minute I have waited. He is worth every second I have spent in prayer.  This blessing is worth every tear I have shed and I would do it all again for just one moment with him. 


God, thank you for the blessing you have given me in Dad and his wife.  No matter what anyone says, every little girl wants the love of her daddy.  I am thankful that Bonus Mama has been so understanding through all of this and treats me so well.  I love them so much.  Please bless them in the coming year for all of the kindness they have shown to me.  Please give them good health for whatever time we all have left here on this earth.  Give me patience and help our relationship to grow. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment