Sunday, December 2, 2012

Climbing Back on the Saddle

I have been meaning to sit down all week and write this, but I just haven't done it.  So I have made some progress.  I made it back to the gym this week.  I was able to make it in twice.  The first day I only made it twelve minutes, but I made it twenty minutes the next time.  I could've lasted a lot longer, but my ankle is still sore.  A couple weeks ago I fell.  My ankle hurts when I walk on it now.  We are still waiting for our insurance to kick in with John's new job, but right now I can tolerate it.


There are a lot of different factors that have kept me from the gym lately.  John and I sat down and discussed how my health and weight loss has to be a priority for both of us.  We faced hard facts that if I don't do this I will die.  I don't mean to sound so morbid, but that's the harsh reality of it all. It's not like I am 10 lbs overweight. I am almost 3 times the size of what I need to be.


This week has been good and crazy and frightening and every emotion known to man.  Yesterday started off great. I was headed for the gym when I got up.  John had to run to Walmart. I ended up leaving later than what I wanted to so I didn't have time for the gym.  John told me to go have a relaxing lunch before work.  I called Bonus Mama to confirm their address for Christmas cards. I ended up being on the phone with her for over an hour.  I love our chats.  She told me Dad wasn't feeling good, though.  He has been sick.  It breaks my heart because we aren't to the place where my presence would be a great comfort to him.  Right now, that's the only place I want to be. 


It also takes me back to the days when Mama was sick.  I always swore that I would remember the good times I had with her and not focus on the bad, but sometimes it's hard not to go back to that place of suffering.  For now all, all I can do is pray that Dad will get over this little bump in the road and that God will give me peace and comfort.  I don't know how to be the daughter that doesn't "fix" things. 


John had no sooner got to work than I had to call him home.  Jewel-Anne and Liana were playing and racing through the house.  Jewel-Anne stopped but Liana didn't. Jewel-Anne hit the hardwood and busted her nose.  I couldn't get the bleeding to stop so we went to the ER.  She's fine but it took forever to get the official OK.  We went to dinner and to look at Christmas lights before we came home.  I think that eased her suffering a bit. ;-)

This morning we had a great time at church.  In a couple weeks, the kids are going to be in our church's Christmas program.  This will be the first year that my big boys get to participate in the church program.  I am excited for them.


I hope everyone has a great week.  Live it to the fullest!

Blessings,

Weight Loss Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment