Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Check-in

Each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have to call my doctor's office to check in with the nurse to see if we need to increase my insulin. I report my blood sugar readings and they adjust my medication accordingly. Wednesday, I started on 12 units. Friday, I increased to 16 units. While my blood sugar has come down, it is still not in the range of normal.

This morning's fasting blood sugar was 195. Now, this is where it gets crazy. My fasting numbers, thus far, are my highest readings of the day. I do not understand that. We usually have dinner around 5 o'clock. I usually wake up between 8-9 AM. I go 15-16 hours without eating, yet this is my highest reading of the day. My body is just crazy! 

This morning started out pretty good. Each morning I try to make sure I take a few minutes to read my Bible and pray. I have found it makes my day go better. The weather outside was beautiful so I went outside. As each child woke up, they were able to enjoy a few minutes of play time while I soaked up time with God. It seems to have made the morning go a bit better. 

I ask that each of you take a moment to pray for my friend. Tomorrow, she heads to the doctor to discuss diabetes and insulin with her doctor. Going from oral medication to insulin therapy is emotionally devastating so please keep her in your prayers. Thank you. 

ETA: Just as I said, we have increased my insulin to 20 units. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Blessings, 

Mama 

February A1C 9.0 
April A1C 8.3

April HDL 120 

No comments:

Post a Comment