Monday, August 19, 2013

High

I have not been the best person at managing my diabetes in the past. This morning I checked my blood sugar and it was over 200 fasting. Um....what???? This is totally not normal for me.  Of course, when my life started going crazy I chose to live in denial instead of facing what was going on with my body.  I am trying to do better now. I always take my medicine at night and I don't wake up high.  I normally wake up low. I checked it mid morning and it is coming down, but it's coming down slowly.


Until I started trying to get healthy a few years ago, I never paid attention to the things my body was telling me in relation to my diabetes.  It is amazing to be able to look and say "hey, I know why I feel this way."  I'm still in the learning process.  The only "high" symptom I had was a headache.


I take Metformin to manage my diabetes.  I am not on insulin so there's nothing I can really do when my blood sugar goes high.  I just have to try to eat healthy and wait it out.  I am thankful that I do not require insulin at this point, but it shoots my anxiety through the roof when I have a day like today. Of course that only helps my blood sugar stay elevated.  It's a vicious cycle.


Blessings,

Mama

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it was so high. My husband's sits pretty high most of the time. He is only on metformin in the the morning and at night. No insulin here yet either.

    ReplyDelete