Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28th - New Program

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mother's death. My mom died at the young age of 61. She died 13 years younger than my grandmother was when she died. Following family tradition that puts me at dying in my 40s. That is NOT acceptable to me. My sister told me that she was going to give me and my children life for Christmas. She is paying for me to join a medical weight loss program. This morning was my first visit. I haven't been to the doctor in over a year. That also means I haven't had my diabetes medication in over 6 months either. My blood pressure was high because I was nervous and I almost didn't get to join the program because of it. They checked it again at the end of the visit and it was back down to my normal so they gave me the script I would need for this month. The receptionist was also able to put me in touch with a doctor who works with patients without insurance so the costs are low enough for me to afford them. I will be making an appt with him soon.


They weighed and measured me. We went over the program and then they prescribed Phentermine for me. I was given my instructions as to how to take it. I will work on increasing activity and decreasing my calorie intake. I was put on an 1800 calorie diet. Knowing how much I consume that seems so low, but I know I have to do this and I will. She told me it wouldn't be as hard as I think it will be. Of course I had all of the normal snide, sarcastic comments come to mind, but I didn't verbalize them. ;-)

This is where I need a lot of help from those around me. I need lots of warm fuzzies to keep me going. I need prayers and encouragement. I usually try things for a short while then give up. This time I will be held accountable, though. When I am down, please lift me up. If God puts me on your mind, please say a prayer and then let me know you were thinking of me.

My first goal was lose 5 lbs. I have done that so my next goal will be to lose 10% of my original weight 36 lbs. I am almost there. I will reach that goal before my next appt.

Now for the important details

Starting Wt: 360
Today's Wt: 326
Today's Loss: 34
Total Loss: 34 (I didn't realize I had lost that much)
Goal #2 Progress: 34lbs

Mini Goal 2: Lose 36 lbs.

For those of you walking this journey with me, thank you!

Until next time...Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I try to stick to 1800 calories and it's not that bad! I know some people who do 1200 and I couldn't imagine that! I do a ton of chicken breasts and pork tenderloin or pork chops. I have tried to cut carbs out, but I can't. I have learned what real portions are and that's what is surprising to me! I thought pasta was a plate, it's not! :) I am there for you! I'll try and post more about what I am eating, maybe it'll give you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a carb girl too. I can't cut them out completely either. One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was from a lady at Weight Watchers years ago. She said she learned to eat on smaller plates and she covered HALF of that plate in salad. I really appreciate your support. I am always looking for meal ideas so send them my way please!

    ReplyDelete